Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: 3D-printed King of Tokyo monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Z
msg tools
Here are a bunch of 3D-printable monsters for King of Tokyo (first edition... the project's been in the works for a while). Enjoy!

http://blog.ampli.fi/custom-3d-printed-king-of-tokyo-monster...
https://www.thingiverse.com/firebirdman/collections/king-of-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Steggles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are Fantastic. Great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! What printer do you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
++++ ++++
Greece
flag msg tools
.. is here!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're great!! And thank you for sharing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Royal
msg tools
mbmbmb
Really nice! 3D printer projects are really starting to look good. You have a definite talent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! How are they stored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend posting this in the KoT forums themselves. More likely to catch the eye of people who really love the game that way. And certainly those people want to see this, it is quite well done. Quite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Cohn
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
I recommend posting this in the KoT forums themselves. More likely to catch the eye of people who really love the game that way. And certainly those people want to see this, it is quite well done. Quite.

Those look wonderful and I second the recommendation.

I can see I need to get a 3D printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
Thanks everyone!

@danrodz : I've got a Prusa i3. The prints in the pictures aren't actually all that good. I only recently managed to get the settings right to print at 0.1mm layer height, so the prints in the pictures are a mixture of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm.

@JPotter : I don't know yet! I guess I have to build a box of some sort for them if I want to take the game out of the house. Other than that I think I'll keep them in a display cabinet for a while.

@chearns : Thanks for the tip, I've crossposted there: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1907097/3d-printed-king-tok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firebirdman wrote:
Thanks everyone!

@danrodz : I've got a Prusa i3. The prints in the pictures aren't actually all that good. I only recently managed to get the settings right to print at 0.1mm layer height, so the prints in the pictures are a mixture of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm.

@JPotter : I don't know yet! I guess I have to build a box of some sort for them if I want to take the game out of the house. Other than that I think I'll keep them in a display cabinet for a while.

@chearns : Thanks for the tip, I've crossposted there: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1907097/3d-printed-king-tok...

Cool, I have a Prusa i3v. more cool stuff to print! I also suggest you cross post to the 3d printers guild: 3D Print Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are awesome. Game should've come with those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
Sad News!

Looks like some bean counter has pulled every KoT file from thingiverse.

What is the motivation behind that? The fan made content still needs original game.
Unless they are going to publish a 3rd edition with minis.

If they don't, poor form, bad show, shame on you! Evil corporate money machine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but check the original blog post, link in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Klenetsky
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking with the IELLO folks at Dice Tower West and one of the employees strongly hinted that there would likely be 3D monsters that could, possibly, track the stats on the base available later this year. So, likely, the thingverse files would be in direct competition of a soon-to-be product, and uses their copyright/trademarks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cklenetsky wrote:
I was talking with the IELLO folks at Dice Tower West and one of the employees strongly hinted that there would likely be 3D monsters that could, possibly, track the stats on the base available later this year. So, likely, the thingverse files would be in direct competition of a soon-to-be product, and uses their copyright/trademarks.

King of Tokyo Clix!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Klenetsky
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danrodz wrote:
cklenetsky wrote:

King of Tokyo Clix!!

I imagine the stat-tracking would be similar, though these sound more like add-ons to bling out the game with your favorite monster(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.