Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding a Card in Exchange for Money or Using a Card to Build a Wonder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie Koch
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there!
This might be a stupid question but when you use a card to build a Wonder or to gain coins does it have to be the card just chosen or can it be any one in your city (any card that you have previously played)?

Thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to be the card you are currently drafting.

Good question!!!
I like the idea of being able to choose one that's already built just in case you had built a clunker earlier.
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
It has to be the card you are currently drafting.

Good question!!!
I like the idea of being able to choose one that's already built just in case you had built a clunker earlier.
laugh
Another thing is it'd let you double dip on cards that provide one-shot benefits, namely money ones.

Play a Vineyard for 12 coins. Build a stage of your wonder, and then build a "2nd" Vineyard for 12 more coins cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Koch
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys, that's what I assumed but I didn't find the rules 100% clear on that. Maybe we could try it as a variant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is 100% clear in my opinion, but for the people who like rule references, pg 5:

The first step of a turn is choosing a card from your hand. Second step is an action and says "Three actions are possible with the chosen card," and the "chosen card" being the one you just chose in step one. There is no reference to already-built cards.

In the next column in the example of building a wonder stage, it says the player chooses a card from his hand... then places "his card" (the one he just chose) under the board. Again, no reference to other cards.

There's also no reference to using already-built cards anywhere else. If this were possible, it would have to clearly say so, because that's a much different idea.

(A curious idea for a variant though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.