Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In another article, Eric mentions the product website. Is it active yet? If so, what is the link? If not, when will it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Product Website
Sir Loin o Beef (#31349),
it will be at www.memoir44.com It's empty still but coming up soon! I promise cool
eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Loin o Beef (#31349),
Ok the preview site is now up and running. First crunchy section: "Inside the box". More to come in the following weeks.
enjoy!
Eric @ DoW
ps: the francophiles among you might want to check www.memoire44.com as well, since the two sites aren't synchronised yet and thus don't contain exactly the same information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantera
Sweden
flag msg tools
Excellent. Looks beautiful. You should perhaps upload some images to Boardgamegeek too.

Now I'm only waiting for the pre-order to become available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich (#32090), This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich (#32090),Just came from the website and can only echo what has already been said. The pieces look fantastic and I think this will be a flagship game that launches a fleet. I can already envision Africa, the Russian Front, the Ardennes, and a myriad of Pacific islands. If it plays along the lines of Battlecry or even a level or two higher, it's Beer and Pretzel heaven all over again (or Wine & Cheese since this release takes place in France).
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt,
please check your inbox on BGG .
eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see the site up. Some of the images are tantalizing! Having cards usable by the entire side, not just be section in some cases, is interesting...as is making a card useful even when it doesn't apply to the unit named. Nice to see the Air Support card is stronger when played by the allies...looks like there will be some elegant and simple touches to make the game relevant to the situation of the Western front in 1944. Can't wait!

The idea of expanding the system to different theaters is a natural.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich (#32111),Eric,

Thanks, I emailed you my reply off-line and you should have it now.

Walt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantera
Sweden
flag msg tools
Bloodybucket (#32113),

I also like the fact that you get to pick two cards and choose one for the 1-action Recon card. It improves the card slightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Byzewski
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't wait any longer. I need this game! This sounds like It'll be the next "great" Game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantera
Sweden
flag msg tools
They have updated the web page with some more info on units.

Like information on special forces, f.e. Elite Tanks, that starts with 4 tanks per unit!

http://www.memoir44.com/game3-en.html

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Feifer
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Too bad GrossDeutschland never served on the western front. I hate to see little inaccuracies like this in a mass market game. I know for international distribution they can't use swastikas or probably anything SS related but, it would be nice to get units that served in the theater historically correct. I don't think GrossDeutschland wore a "patch" either. It was a cuff band.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
efeifer (#33176),

I posted somthing similar at the top level before I read your comment.

I'm sure part of it was that they plan to sell the game in Germany, and there are (I believe) laws about using SS iconography.

But really, it was the SS who were there, even if they were a pretty nasty bunch by all counts. It seems like a bit of a papering-over to me to delete them in a game called "Memoir", of all things. The Canadians might have a thing or two to say about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cfarrell (#33189),
yes there are _very_ strict laws not just in Germany (we are not making a German version of the game anyway) but also in France, that would make it illegal to sell the game (a bad thing, given that the French military interest in this commemorative product is partly what allows us to have this type of quality - ie plastic minis, etc... in the game).

The reason we put GrossDeutschland is not that they served on the Western Front, but that it was a more neutral, legally acceptable insignia we could use. the reason it's a badge is due to the form of the card board punchers (and you don't want to pay $ 5 more for the game just to have a different punch form, at least most people don't).

The scenarios for M44 will quickly move beyond the Western Front to other Theater of Operations, so I'm sure you will see the GrossDeutchland in play soon.

Be reassured however, the scenarios contain the correct units (ie Panzer Lehr, etc...), it's simply the marker that is an issue.

I am sure there will be people making a variety of badges, patches, etc.. available for download, which will allow those interested to home make their own historically correct versions.

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At http://www.memoir44.com/game4-en.html this week, an overview of some of the terrains and obstacles on the battlefield.
enjoy!
eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kaufmann
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone:

There is a new page about scenarios on the web site. You will find the list of the scenarios that come with the box, and a close-up on the "Overlord" version (i.e. the double-board variant) of Omaha Beach.

http://www.memoir44.com/game5-en.html

Have fun

Mark - Days of Wonder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantera
Sweden
flag msg tools
Cool. Even though it is a bit of sales trick to get us to buy two games, I think I might fall for it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.