Popular Tags: [View All]
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. These two new Michael Kiesling games looks fantastic but they seem to be quite similar. They sure are different enought, but right now I must be carefull not to buy too many games, so I would like to check wich one fits better for me.

I'm specially intrigued on how the spatial puzzle of the player boards differs from one to another and of course wich one may have more replayability.

At this point I find Riverboat more attractive but I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm more a fan of the role selection mechanic than the action track (wich I must say was flawless in the way the author implemented it originally on Tikal II).
In the other hand, it seems like Heaven & Ale is getting more positive opinions. I'm going to ask the same question in the forums of both games to try to get the bigger picture.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Riverboat 3 times and Heaven and Ale 2 times. They are both very fine games and you will I am sure be happy with either. At this point I have a slight preference for Riverboat, its not quite as brain burning as Heaven and Ale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Taddeo
United States
El Cajon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riverboat in a landslide. Heaven and Ale fell flat with my group. The Quasi Glen More idea was just OK in its execution. I really really like Riverboat and can't wait to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.