Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we have a couple of questions from our first play through:

The secret objective that requires you to have the fewest provinces - what happens if you're tied with someone else for the fewest?

Can you put more than one blessing token on an army, navy or shinobi token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
My interpretations would be:

1) If you're tied with any other player for number of provinces, then you don't have fewer than them, therefore you don't score the objective. That might be a good objective card to clarify with your game group before dealing them out and come to an agreement before playing, as I could see the other interpretation being argued as well.

2) As the rules are written, I think only one blessing token can be placed face up on an army/navy/shinobi. pg 8- "A player can place a blessing token faceup and on top of any of their facedown army, navy, or shinobi tokens."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raddoc wrote:

1) If you're tied with any other player for number of provinces, then you don't have fewer than them, therefore you don't score the objective. That might be a good objective card to clarify with your game group before dealing them out and come to an agreement before playing, as I could see the other interpretation being argued as well.

2) As the rules are written, I think only one blessing token can be placed face up on an army/navy/shinobi. pg 8- "A player can place a blessing token faceup and on top of any of their facedown army, navy, or shinobi tokens."

Thanks, I'm kind of inclined to agree with you re 1, however, as it was my youngest daughter (at 9) who decided to play with this secret objective, we ruled the other way.

Also, re 2, I think the rules, without explicitly saying so, do suggest that only one blessing can be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szabolcs Lang
Hungary
flag msg tools
There is already an official answer from the designer in this rules section somewhere:

You can place as many Blessing tokens on a single token as you want.

EDIT:

Under the subject "Shinobi Placement" Mark Bower has the official answer:

"Yes, you can place more than one shinobi in the center of a province to attack it. Yes, multiple clans can each place shinobi tokens in the center of a province to attack it.

Yes, you can place more than one blessing on a facedown combat token."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
raddoc wrote:

Thanks, I'm kind of inclined to agree with you re 1, however, as it was my youngest daughter (at 9) who decided to play with this secret objective, we ruled the other way.

Also, re 2, I think the rules, without explicitly saying so, do suggest that only one blessing can be added.

Just got a response from FFG:

There is a secret objective for that is for owning the "fewest" provinces. Does this include ties for fewest (eg. Player A has 4 provinces and the secret objective in question, Player B has 4 provinces, and the rest of the players have more provinces than 4, would Player A complete his secret objective?)

Yes. Player A still has the lowest number of provinces, even though someone else also has that number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.