Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Argentina
Paraná
Entre Ríos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0. The Rebel base is HIDDEN in Dantooine. Imperials have a small fleet and ground forces in Mygeeto, with no loyalty/troops at surrounding systems.

1. Rebels attack Mygeeto, moving troops from the hidden base at Dantooine. Normal combat round goes on.

2. Retreat step initiates: not knowing where his troops came from, I decided to retreat to Dantooine, found the base and won the game after a short battle.

I figured out since the Rebel base space does NOT count as a system, he didn't actually come from Dantooine. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did it correctly. If the Rebels launch an attack from the base without revealing it, then the Rebel base's system is a valid place to retreat to.

Note that the system itself can't have Rebel loyalty or any Rebel units in it; just like any other destination for a retreat.

Sounds like your opponent made quite a mistake there. He had the option to reveal the base before the attack, and as the attacker he also had the option to retreat first back to the system. Either of those would have prevented your retreat.

Note your retreat there was valid even if you "knew" the hidden base was there through Probe cards or logical deduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, what your opponent might have done (if he was confident he would win the ground battle on Mygeeto) would be to attack from the base, fight one round in both theatres, and then retreat with ships only to Dantooine. This prevents the Imperials retreating there, and leaves the ground battle ongoing. Next turn your ships are adjacent to the base but can't invade with ground troops as you have no way to build any. That gives the Rebels at least one turn to build up defences or "Rapid Mobilise" somewhere safer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argentina
Paraná
Entre Ríos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patriarchxyz wrote:
In fact, what your opponent might have done (if he was confident he would win the ground battle on Mygeeto) would be to attack from the base, fight one round in both theatres, and then retreat with ships only to Dantooine. This prevents the Imperials retreating there, and leaves the ground battle ongoing. Next turn your ships are adjacent to the base but can't invade with ground troops as you have no way to build any. That gives the Rebels at least one turn to build up defences or "Rapid Mobilise" somewhere safer.

Yep, he could also sabotage Ord Mantell (it was empty) and reinforce Mandalore (rebel loyalty) and I would have had some difficult times getting to Dantooine. He could've won enough turns to land some points and win by round 6-7.

I have another question: he wouldn't be able to retreat to the rebel base, would he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekrocow wrote:

I have another question: he wouldn't be able to retreat to the rebel base, would he?

Correct.

“RRG - Combat” wrote:
• The Rebel player can retreat only to systems, not to the “Rebel Base” space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.