Hide
5 Posts

Jamaica: The Crew» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jamaica the crew Calypso character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hennie van den Berg
msg tools
So if I get Calypso and the three curses, does the game end even if no one is at Port Royal? The rule states that you win immediately, but it is not clear if it is once soneone needs to be at Port Royal yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter where anyone is on the board. As soon as you have all 3 curses and Calypso, it is game over. Immediately. You win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hennie van den Berg
msg tools
That’s exactly what happened for me when we played the expansion for the first time. One of the other players (we were six) even said before we started, that we could forget about that pirate, since getting that is like a shot in hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JagFred
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Daniel is right.
Immediately means immediately: right now, at this very moment, instantly, right away, at once, instantaneously, without delay.
No waiting to reach Port Royal, no finishing out the turn, no giving everyone one more chance.
You know, immediately.

This is a great expansion.
We love it a lot,
Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played with the crew for the first time this evening and unbelievably my daughter landed the three curses, got to a port, paid her gold, chucked a couple of doubloons to move the rum bottle, grabbed Calypso and won. Amazing.

It's a great, great expansion and we wouldn't even consider playing now without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.