Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question which hasn't quite been answered by this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19815811#19815811

or the Sabotage/Sniping guide...

During Gathering Resources, I play a person with a tool and dig. If the tool gets sabotaged by another player, can I play another tool from hand (which I had been saving for other actions/skirmish) to the digging person?

The clarifications all talk about taking cards back in hand or rearranging played cards, but I haven't seen a specific comment on playing additional cards after an attack... But I might be missing something - apologies if so!

p.s. I am wondering if we're just playing completely wrong. We'll play some cards and Dig, then play some more and Hunt... We're not putting all the cards we plan to play during Gathering Resources down and then deciding how to pair them and what to do with them (after any attack). Are we playing wrong? Question above still stands though as I could want to play a new tool that I was saving for skirmish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sarah_elton wrote:
During Gathering Resources, I play a person with a tool and dig. If the tool gets sabotaged by another player, can I play another tool from hand (which I had been saving for other actions/skirmish) to the digging person?

The clarifications all talk about taking cards back in hand or rearranging played cards, but I haven't seen a specific comment on playing additional cards after an attack... But I might be missing something - apologies if so!

According to the designer, you can take back the other card into your hand and use it for something else. I would definitely say this includes pairing it up with another tool to carry out the action you were originally going to do. (Obviously in that case there's no need to actually take it into your hand just to play it again for the same action!)

Quote:
p.s. I am wondering if we're just playing completely wrong. We'll play some cards and Dig, then play some more and Hunt... We're not putting all the cards we plan to play during Gathering Resources down and then deciding how to pair them and what to do with them (after any attack). Are we playing wrong? Question above still stands though as I could want to play a new tool that I was saving for skirmish.

We've always done it the same way, so if you're wrong we are too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark's interpretation is correct.

Sarah's description of play (Dig...then Hunt...etc.) is how it is intended. I never intended for you to declare all actions simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.