Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting up the Petty Tyrants scenario, I noticed some possible errors:

1. Iceni has its population reduced to 1 but a listed 2x Prosperity

2. Dobunni has its population at the printed value of 2 but a listed 4x Prosperity

3. Saxons have 12x settlement and show 4x Settlements available, but only have the following 7x settlements are placed by the rules:
a. 1x Regni (Anderida)
b. 1x Cantiaci (Rutupiae)
c. 1x Trinovantes (Walton Castle, blue Foederati)
d. 1x Iceni (Venta Icenorum)
e. 1x Catuvellauni (Durocobrivis, blue Foederati)
f. 1x Corieltauvi (Lindum)
g. 1x Parisi (Derventio, red Foederati)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My questions are:

1. Two regions have both the top and bottom rows of Prosperity filled, but all others follow Fragmentation's rule of only the bottom row filled. Should these two regions have their prosperity reduced, or is there some reason why they start with extra prosperity compared to other regions? (My assumption is they should be reduced so there is only a bottom row.)

2. Is a Saxon settlement missing from a region, or should there be 5x settlements available? (My assumption is it should be in the available pool.)

3. Just for clarification, does "set aside" for the other two player's pivotal events means they are out of play? (My assumption is yes, they are not used just like the Early Epoch cards are not used.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
Setting up the Petty Tyrants scenario, I noticed some possible errors:

1. Iceni has its population reduced to 1 but a listed 2x Prosperity

2. Dobunni has its population at the printed value of 2 but a listed 4x Prosperity

3. Saxons have 12x settlement and show 4x Settlements available, but only have the following 7x settlements are placed by the rules:
a. 1x Regni (Anderida)
b. 1x Cantiaci (Rutupiae)
c. 1x Trinovantes (Walton Castle, blue Foederati)
d. 1x Iceni (Venta Icenorum)
e. 1x Catuvellauni (Durocobrivis, blue Foederati)
f. 1x Corieltauvi (Lindum)
g. 1x Parisi (Derventio, red Foederati)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My questions are:

1. Two regions have both the top and bottom rows of Prosperity filled, but all others follow Fragmentation's rule of only the bottom row filled. Should these two regions have their prosperity reduced, or is there some reason why they start with extra prosperity compared to other regions? (My assumption is they should be reduced so there is only a bottom row.)
Even after the end of Roman Rule, Regions may have Prosperity on their top row, either because that row never got plundered (unlikely) or as a result of a Command (Train, Trade) or Event. That is definitely the intention here for Dobunni, which was a core Briton region at the time. The top row Prosperity in Iceni is a mistake (probably overlooked from the reduction of the Region's Population for play balance)... So correct Iceni's Prosperity down to 1, but keep Dobunni's at 4.

Verbosity wrote:
2. Is a Saxon settlement missing from a region, or should there be 5x settlements available? (My assumption is it should be in the available pool.)
That is a typo: there are 5 Saxon Settlements Available at the start of the scenario indeed.

Verbosity wrote:
3. Just for clarification, does "set aside" for the other two player's pivotal events means they are out of play? (My assumption is yes, they are not used just like the Early Epoch cards are not used.)
Yes, removed from play (assumed played already)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.