Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy of the 2e Dragon Expansion. I had read the posts about errors a while back when it first came out and waited to hopefully get an edition that possibly had them resolved.

Spent most of the morning reading all the posts here and trying to figure out what I can resolve and what I might want to contact Eagle/Gryphon about.

Thank you
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
for your detailed work and posts.

Quest cards -
1. Buy the new set since I have the base game small cards? Will I have all of them with corrected errors if so?

2. Sleeve the small cards with backed sleeve? (looks like I'd still be missing some quests)

Missing or incorrect cards -
1. Contact EGG about sending the corrected/missing cards? (i.e. Onyx Seabird Port card, BrimEstone cards, etc.)

2. Buy the new set of hero cards? (are these now up to date and corrected?)

Just wondering what others have done for these errors and any others and how that worked for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the Defenders of the Realm: Quest Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could help! I'll second the Aging One's suggestion. I believe the Quest Deck comes with the Dragon Expansion v1.0 Quests, so you won't have to use the tiny cards anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just got a box copy of the 2ed expansion and noticed there are far fewer quests than there should be; I'm seeing elsewhere that they resized the Quest cards but didn't actually include a copy of them from the base game outside of the Quests expansion? Further, I'm noticing the double quest cards where one is clearly a revision of the other.

Since I'm also missing the Mermaid Harbor: Horse card I wonder if I got a first print run of 2nd edition. Hopefully they'll work with me on this, I really don't like the idea of buying a $20 pack of cards to fix poor quality control issues.

Side note; finding an official card list stating the Monarch City and All is Quiet cards with Comic Sans were the "correct" ones made me die a little inside. If anyone feels like parting with their "incorrect" All is Quiet (the one with the map in the background) so I have a matching set of 3, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

I understand your frustration with the Quest Cards - I didn't want to buy it for the same reasons you state but I decided to go ahead and buy and look at it as an upgrade since it includes many more quests. It is on sale through EGG right now so that helped a little too.

I've also put in an email to Customer Service along with my order to see (since I'm spending more money) if they would send along the correct Onyx Seabird Port card and maybe even updated BrimEstone cards. I thought maybe that would be a good gesture on their part since I'm putting in more money to fix the Quest card difference between my base game and dragon expansion.

Let me look again at what I have after I sort this all out and I'll be glad to send you the All is Quiet card if I'm not using it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! I love this game! I have some expansions and have been looking at this one. Now reading this I do not think I will ever get it.

Come on Eagle Gryphon Games fix this stuff! This expansion costs as much if not more than the base game. If I do not see a post from Dan in the future saying this has all been worked out I will be disappointed in EGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, there is no reprint of the BrimEstone cards. I worked around it by using my 1st edition Dragon Expansion Brimstone cards.

2nd edition went with the larger Quest Deck standard playing cards. There is no smaller size set of Quest cards included to match the original game release unless you buy a 1st Edition copy of the Dragon Expansion. The Quest Deck is the only way to remedy the problem, but at least it includes a whole bunch of brand new quests.

I noticed a few duplicate quests in the quest deck (slightly different names, same quest text). I set those cards aside, but officially you're allowed to use the duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
To my knowledge, there is no reprint of the BrimEstone cards. I worked around it by using my 1st edition Dragon Expansion Brimstone cards.

2nd edition went with the larger Quest Deck standard playing cards. There is no smaller size set of Quest cards included to match the original game release unless you buy a 1st Edition copy of the Dragon Expansion. The Quest Deck is the only way to remedy the problem, but at least it includes a whole bunch of brand new quests.

I noticed a few duplicate quests in the quest deck (slightly different names, same quest text). I set those cards aside, but officially you're allowed to use the duplicates.

Like I had mentioned above Neil, I don't mind too much paying for the new Quest deck since it does include more quests.

I'm hoping I'll hear back from EGG and at least get the missing Onyx card included in my purchase (which ended up being much larger purchase than just the Quest deck as I'm trying to get some of the other expansions).

I think I can live with the BrimEstone cards if they haven't or don't plan to update those (including the other misspelled cards) but hoped maybe they had been improved and were available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Catacombs kickstarter, I'd rather see a stretch goal that provides "fixed" cards for Dragon Expansion backers and Catacombs backers, as opposed to some never-before-seen mini pack of cards offered as a reward or a post-Kickstarter add-on. Perhaps Eagle/Gryphon could keep some fixed cards on hand for customers who hear about the replacements post-Kickstarter and just charge for shipping & handling.

I know it isn't exciting from a marketing perspective, but I think it would help keep existing players happy which is the demographic they're pursing with the Catacombs expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
Paul,

I understand your frustration with the Quest Cards - I didn't want to buy it for the same reasons you state but I decided to go ahead and buy and look at it as an upgrade since it includes many more quests. It is on sale through EGG right now so that helped a little too.

I've also put in an email to Customer Service along with my order to see (since I'm spending more money) if they would send along the correct Onyx Seabird Port card and maybe even updated BrimEstone cards. I thought maybe that would be a good gesture on their part since I'm putting in more money to fix the Quest card difference between my base game and dragon expansion.

Let me look again at what I have after I sort this all out and I'll be glad to send you the All is Quiet card if I'm not using it.

Aye, I don't mind spending some money on it since you're right - there's a bunch of brand new cards - I'm just indignant since 1/3 of that pack is necessary to make the expansion cards usable. I wish they'd offered a free fixit pack to anyone who owns the Dragon expansion, and then sold the new 50 cards for like $10.

What's wrong with your Onyx: Seabird Port card? According to the card list there's no error beyond a duplicate Eagle card. If you haven't requested it, you are likely missing the Mermaid Harbor one, as that seems to be a universal error. For reference, you can find the card doc here, which explains a lot of the removals/additions;
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1613155/defenders-realm...

Appreciate the offer on the AiQ card!

Quote:

Yeah, it looks like a bunch of them are drafts with some slight alterations (most are identical, but at least one of them changes a die roll from 6 to 5-6).

Quote:
For the Catacombs kickstarter, I'd rather see a stretch goal that provides "fixed" cards for Dragon Expansion backers and Catacombs backers, as opposed to some never-before-seen mini pack of cards offered as a reward or a post-Kickstarter add-on. Perhaps Eagle/Gryphon could keep some fixed cards on hand for customers who hear about the replacements post-Kickstarter and just charge for shipping & handling.

Agreed completely. Despite how many issues there were with Dragons, I'd probably buy into another KS if they included a fixit pack. Speaking of, where are you finding news about the next expansion? Depending how Dragons plays, I'd like to keep an eye on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for catching the Seabird Port card error I made Paul - it is the Mermaid Harbor - Horse card that is missing.

Haven't heard back from EGG on my question as to whether they will send me that card but they have the order I placed yesterday packed and shipped already.

I was trying to save them some postage and have them send it with the package if they could but I have a feeling that was missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a week of reading threads in this forum, downloading the Official Card Count document, making an order with EGG, and cross referencing everything, here's what I did to finally feel like I could start playing with a complete and accurate set of cards & components.

1. Ordered the new large card Quest Deck. It wasn't what I wanted to do initially but made sense to 'upgrade' and have all the quests in one deck. However even after I got the deck I was trying to figure out what to do with the cards included in this expansion since there are different titles on cards, duplicates, etc. - bottom line, just use the new Quest Deck if you decide to get it. EGG sent this order out right away - it was great to get it so fast from them!

2. Checked everyone of my cards against the Official Card Count Document This may have been a lot of extra time I didn't need to spend but after being speculative about what I have and didn't have I just decided to check it all. Learned a few things along the way and was able to get some things straightened out like the duplicate All is Quiet cards and Global Effect cards, etc.

3. Put in a Customer Service Request with EGG. It's been 4 business days and I have not received a response but I've requested the missing Onyx Mermaid Harbor/Horse Card & the corrected BrimEstone Hero cards. I've made a proxy for the Onyx card for now but hope to see EGG send at least that card to me since I did go ahead and fix their Quest Deck problem between my base game and new Dragon Expansion by purchasing the new deck (along with some other expansions - which btw, one of them had a 'double vision' effect printing on one of the placards - included that in my customer service request as well....).

I'm hoping to hear from EGG soon and have them prove to be the good company I believe they are. I was willing to put in a little more money with them than originally intended when I bought this - now I hope to see them finish correcting the errors that are still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with this fix:
Quote:
"...corrected BrimEstone Hero cards..."
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figuring that one won't happen (thought I'd try) but I think they should send out the missing Mermaid Harbor card in addition to the Dragon Hunter hero placard I just bought where the printing of the text has a double vision look.

I've received the 'auto response' email saying someone from customer service will contact me in 3-5 business days and yesterday was day 4. Have to say their shipping/order department was great - yet to see how the customer service part pans out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
Figuring that one won't happen (thought I'd try) but I think they should send out the missing Mermaid Harbor card in addition to the Dragon Hunter hero placard I just bought where the printing of the text has a double vision look.

I've received the 'auto response' email saying someone from customer service will contact me in 3-5 business days and yesterday was day 4. Have to say their shipping/order department was great - yet to see how the customer service part pans out.

I had contacted them a few months ago when I purchased the base game because one of the cards was damaged and they were extremely prompt, but in this instance they haven't responded to me, either. I emailed them on the 26th as well as on the 2nd with no response, but I'm chalking it up to Christmas / New Year's break.

I also just bit the bullet and bought the Quest deck off eBay. I reached out to them on Facebook and their social media person said they'd reach out to the Customer Service team on Monday. I mentioned your name as well to hopefully speed things along for both of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. I'm hoping to hear something maybe Monday? I'll post here if/when I hear something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them once every 2 weeks and they finally responded today - they're sending me the missing Mermaid Harbor card, but haven't done a reprint of the game, so fixed cards for other typos are not currently available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you heard something.

I got a response here on BGG from Randal at EGG when I posted on the DotR page. He geek mailed me.

He said they were backed up because of snow but he would assure me that they would at least respond to my email the next day......that was last week.

Not sure what's going on but there has been no response from anyone (except their automated response which said 3-5 business days) and my original email was on 12/26.

I think we're past the 3-5 business days.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep putting in tickets once every 7-10 days. They *only* responded to the very last one I entered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul - I guess to get customer service with them I have to be an annoying customer whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a response from Customer Service.

They're sending the missing Mermaid Harbor and the placard that was printed blurry.

They also said that the BrimEstone cards were not available but will be once the next print run happens - not sure when that will be however since they said there is no ETA on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, glad to hear it. They actually finally replied to one of my older tickets so I have a spare Mermaid Harbor Horse card coming - if anyone else comes across this thread and needs it reply and PM me your address and I'll send it out.

What placard of yours was blurry? I want to double check mine just to be on the safe side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the Arcturus placard (hero exp. 4?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.