Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a Butcher TPK, do I get to keep my 4 cannibalize resources or do they get lost with all other resources due to the defeat aftermath?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
Edit: Nevermind. T3clis pointed out it is only the resource storage that gets removed. I wrote below thinking it was all resources in the settlement. There's no problem keeping the resource cards from cannibalism.

I think you can justify keeping the cannibal resources (not have them destroyed by the Butcher's rampage). I can see playing it either way.

When a survivor dies, the other survivors didn't stop the fight, skin/eat the corpse, then resume fighting. The harvest happens later, after all the danger has ceased. When the entire hunt party dies, the other survivors go out and collect/harvest their bodies and gear.
In my opinion, that means the cannibalism happens post showdown aftermath. Now the question is, did your remaining survivors spend all the resources to repair the settlement, then go and collect the bodies for a snack? or did they go harvest, then spend those resources repairing?
I say you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Butcher's defeat condition makes you lose resources in settlement storage. Since with cannibalize you gain resource cards (not yet in storage), these are not affected by the Butcher, so you get to keep them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.