Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Runewell location instructs you to bury the card of your choose if you starts the turn in this location. From where exactly I can choose a card to bury?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you are told to do something with a card, that card *must* come from your hand, unless you are specifically told otherwise.

So: you bury a card from your hand. (Yes, this is expensive.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
Whenever you are told to do something with a card, that card *must* come from your hand, unless you are specifically told otherwise.

So: you bury a card from your hand. (Yes, this is expensive.)
thank you, this is great! Today I got the situation to bury the card at the final battle, because it takes place at Runewell, but i have an empty hand and if I am musted bury a card from my pile my character will be dead. So, with empty hand there is nothing to bury and we succesfully beat the last adventure a few turns later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runewell requires you to bury a card at the start of your turn. Most often you won’t start a turn with an empty hand - but you are correct, if you start your turn at the Runewell with an empty hand, then the instruction to bury a card is an impossible instruction, and per the rulebook such instructions are ignored. (Kinda wondering how you started your turn with an empty hand and an empty deck and survived, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
Runewell requires you to bury a card at the start of your turn. Most often you won’t start a turn with an empty hand - but you are correct, if you start your turn at the Runewell with an empty hand, then the instruction to bury s card is an impossible instruction, and per the rulebook such instructions are ignored. (Kinda wondering how you started your turn with an empty hand and an empty deck and survived, though.)

I was playing as Paladin with 6 cards in hand. At another player’s turn I am using cure card to heal and than Karzoug deal to me 5 damage at the start of the encounter with another player (1d4+1, roll 4). So my hand was empty and the start of my turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it wasn't hard to imagine losing one's entire hand off-turn against Karzoug. The hard part was imagining getting enough cards back into your deck to draw up to your handsize at the end of your turn. I figure you'd have to be Cured twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I have exactly 6 cards in my pile and we have not any possibilities to heal me at my turn. So, I am just started my turn with empty hand, end my turn and take all 6 cards from my pile to hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.