7 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Incorporating Gaia project improvements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juego Dios
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Has anyone that owned both found any way to improve TM based on the changes in Gaia? I'm wondering more for with less players and the cult track but not sure what else is different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are multiple threads with two player variants, and they are great. The biggest change in Gaia Project regarding less players is smaller map. There is an unofficial way to make the original TM map smaller for two players which in my experience of 20+ two player games works perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuegoDios wrote:
Has anyone that owned both found any way to improve TM based on the changes in Gaia? I'm wondering more for with less players and the cult track but not sure what else is different.

Saying this would imply that Gaia is somehow better. It really isn't. The best tweak in Gaia is the technology track and you cannot really implement it in Terra Mystica without affecting balance of races.

Terra Mystica remains the stronger game in my opinion. Though I may be biased, I really didn't like the visual look and theme of Gaia.

I really hope they will release map tiles expansion for Terra Mystica though for balancing player counts and increasing variability of world map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juego Dios
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:
JuegoDios wrote:

Saying this would imply that Gaia is somehow better. It really isn't. The best tweak in Gaia is the technology track and you cannot really implement it in Terra Mystica without affecting balance of races.

Terra Mystica remains the stronger game in my opinion. Though I may be biased, I really didn't like the visual look and theme of Gaia.

I really hope they will release map tiles expansion for Terra Mystica though for balancing player counts and increasing variability of world map.

we love TM but also prefer space themes. I just dont' know we can justify owning both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are different enough games to own both. I have found GP to take a little longer to play.

I own both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo P
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
There are multiple threads with two player variants, and they are great. The biggest change in Gaia Project regarding less players is smaller map. There is an unofficial way to make the original TM map smaller for two players which in my experience of 20+ two player games works perfectly.

Actually there is a second mechanic in place which ensures that a map can get tighter in 2p even if you are playing on opposite sides of the colour wheel: neutral Gaia planets.

Regarding OP: I have already toyed with this idea and will probably return to this thread since I am currently short on time and can't gather my thoughts properly. Essentially I think the core feel of TM should be left intact (that means no coin increase, neutral/lost terrain or dynamic power tokens should be backported, even though I love those aspects), but the scripted nature of openings should be somewhat revitalized by introducing more variety to the setup. One of the best solutions (among others) might be the fan suggested variable cults, I will see if I can dig up that thread at a later time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz M
msg tools
mbmbmb
JuegoDios wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
JuegoDios wrote:

we love TM but also prefer space themes. I just dont' know we can justify owning both.

I love Gaia Project more, but I like fantasy theme more
I would love a Gaia Project retheme with everything exactly the same in rules

SO planets would become islands and you could call it Terra Mystica Islands or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.