Popular Tags: [View All]
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my third attempt I managed to succeed on this quite difficult scenario. Previous times I could manage the first four objectives but not the last one.
On my third attempt not only I managed to complete all five but one after another according to b) additional rule for a more difficult game. Couldnt make it on the a)rule though as storm event prevented me on that matter.

this is round thirteen.

and this is final before i do my actions :

and this is after :

now the key to success : my two buildings the Schule where you can use scholars as any one other worker, and the Schneiderei which you can use to take the most expensive resource as an action.

Using university meant that i progressed on the track taking citizens and money and stars and at the same time I could use scholars putting them practically everywhere.

I was lucky on the plague as I gave up a scholar so I could use univ for a fifth time (thats the answer to sbdy who asked why there is a citizen in the boatman track fifth position) so I made a score of 45 points (5 trading posts four citizens * 5 ) but i could have won even if I had the four stars (36).

Trying different strategies on my first and second attempt I think that you cannot succeed without buildings help. Of course you dont have all the buildings as you have to draw five every game, so Im not sure how many paths there are to victory, but this one worked for me and Iam happy to share with you guys.

Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Goetz
Germany
Ruesselsheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, congrats!
I had my first two games with this scenario today and was completly crushed ... The well seems to help a lot, it made me save some as* but was not enough. I was also quite unlucky in my draws a few rounds (especially the last one). A lot is falling into the place in the last round(s), right?ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you absolutely need every round literally. Last before last event is a difficult one - not being able to move your merchant into towns.
So I think you will need all rounds to succeed . Use your workers smart. You have the right to see in the bag what remains so you may want to do some actions next round and spread your workers in many positions. Im just saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Halland
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
I was lucky on the plague as I gave up a scholar so I could use univ for a fifth time (thats the answer to sbdy who asked why there is a citizen in the boatman track fifth position) so I made a score of 45 points (5 trading posts four citizens * 5 ) but i could have won even if I had the four stars (36).

I prefer not to burn my brain trying to play my best, and then depend on a S/W chance (where S is the number of scholars and W is the total number of workers in the bag) near the end to succeed.

Is this the only way to win this scenario? If there is another way (that doesn't depend on luck) please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.