Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played Dvonn with the convex side up. It just seemed the natural way to play. But then I saw a picture of a game played with the concave side up.

Is concave side up unnatural or just as acceptable as the flip side?

Poll
I play DVONN with the pieces:
Convex side up
Concave side up
      60 answers
Poll created by Fury

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Fury wrote:
But then I saw a picture of a game played with the concave side up.

Was, uhh, this the picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
whaaaaaa!? hahahahahah....that is funny. What do you know?! A bunch of unnatural heathens seem to be taking over the abstract game world.

Who looks at box covers anymore, anyway? jeesh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

They were designed to be played concave side up for a specific functional reason: If you press down on one side of a piece, the other side pops up, making the piece easy to pick up. Most people do this subconsciously without even realizing they’re doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milomilo122 wrote:
If you press down on one side of a piece, the other side pops up, making the piece easy to pick up. Most people do this subconsciously without even realizing they’re doing it.

And even if you don't do that, they're still easier to pick up with this "concave up" orientation, with the widest part of the rim higher above the table, instead of lower touching the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.