Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Tampa FL here and still no games? Said it shipped Nov 21st and nothing.

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl

Here a copy from my pm I just replied on your pm because it may be interesting for others who too didn't receive it yet:

>>>>>>>>>> Copy pm >>>>>>>>>>
I just checked USPS (see link and number above) and there are 4 new "scans" (which weren't visible last time I checked while I did check later than these "scans") :
"
- December 12, 2017, 12:21 pm
In Transit to Destination
On its way to TAMPA, FL 33611
The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 12, 2017 at 12:21 pm. It is on its way to TAMPA, FL 33611.
- December 11, 2017, 12:21 pm
- December 10, 2017, 12:21 pm
- December 9, 2017, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
"
The 9 dec. scan at FL is a good sign, the other days each day 12:21 pm look less interesting. In the Comments you can read about the overall delivery progress, which gives the impression that most or all of these delayed deliveries will deliver finally. Your 21 november Frankfurt scan was one of the longest delayed, but the later scan at FL makes it more likely that this and other packages really did go slow and will deliver finally. Last year mostly after the Christmas/NewYear peak.
<<<<<<<<<< End of copy pm <<<<<<<<<<

About 18 packages with track&trace were still in transport to you when I checked all track&trace packages wednesday. Almost all to the US. Most of these have their latest scan at Frankfurt airport, some at a US airport. Most were sent around 5 december, some 20 november. Some of the delivered packages too had a long time (3 weeks) without scans. Last year packages to the US in nov/dec were very slow too, even worse. Though almost everything arrived finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Wayman
United States
Palmetto
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Dad retired from US Navy after 20 service in Submarines. Commissioned USS Gato SSN 615 and USS Cavalla SSN 684
mbmbmbmbmb
cwali wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl

Here a copy from my pm I just replied on your pm because it may be interesting for others who too didn't receive it yet:

I just checked USPS (see link and number above) and there are 4 new "scans" (which weren't visible last time I checked while I did check later than these "scans") :
"
The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 12, 2017 at 12:21 pm. It is on its way to TAMPA, FL 33611.
"
The 9 dec. scan at FL is a good sign, the other days each day 12:21 pm look less interesting. In the Comments you can read about the overall delivery progress, which gives the impression that most or all of these delayed deliveries will deliver finally. Your 21 november Frankfurt scan was one of the longest delayed, but the later scan at FL makes it more likely that this and other packages really did go slow and will deliver finally. Last year mostly after the Christmas/NewYear peak.

About 18 packages with track&trace were still in transport to you when I checked all track&trace packages wednesday. Almost all to the US. Most of these have their latest scan at Frankfurt airport, some at a US airport. Most were sent around 5 december, some 20 november. Some of the delivered packages too had a long time (3 weeks) without scans. Last year packages to the US in nov/dec were very slow too, even worse. Though almost everything arrived finally.

In reality that last posting of arriving Dec 9th is almost as disheartening as mine being stuck in NY Customs since Nov 28th. Ybor City is near/part of Tampa, someone could without trouble walk between Post Office and Distribution Center. Taking over 2 weeks to go that far isn't normal even for a holiday season. At what point do you and Happyshops decide the items are lost and seeing that this was a limited print run with the remainders set as add ons to your latest Kickstarter will there be any replacements available if needed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayman wrote:
cwali wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl

"
"

In reality that last posting of arriving Dec 9th is almost as disheartening as mine being stuck in NY Customs since Nov 28th. Ybor City is near/part of Tampa, someone could without trouble walk between Post Office and Distribution Center. Taking over 2 weeks to go that far isn't normal even for a holiday season. At what point do you and Happyshops decide the items are lost and seeing that this was a limited print run with the remainders set as add ons to your latest Kickstarter will there be any replacements available if needed?

If all packages arrived in exactly 5 days and precise 1 is an exception and lasts more than a month, then I would consider that package as lost. But the stats of the sent packages, and experience with Habitats sent a year ago to the US, show a different situation. The "scans" of this package may look suspicious, I did think so in 2016 too about the packages which arrived later. Hope was that the 2016 Germany-US delay was an exception, the post company could have learned and changed. An idea was to send not to the US in october/november, and send in januar 2018 instead. But we did send. I hope everything arrives and in good state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Australia
Meadowbank
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Not that kind of growth...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting here in Australia...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayman wrote:
cwali wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl

"
"

Yup, Ybor City and my local post office (33611) is about 15 mins apart by a toll road (8 miles). I would gladly go to Ybor City and pick it up if I could, some good restaurants down there!

I have gone onto the usps website and started a lost package request and hoping I hear something.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayman wrote:
cwali wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Anyone else?

Thx
jonpfl

"
"

Any update? Still waiting in Tampa for my 2 copies :-(

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Just went to my local USPS and at first they typed in the foreign tracking number and couldn't find anything. She told me that I would need to contact the shipper since they have no info about it.

I went to usps website and verified it did get received in Ybor City (a part of Tampa) and showed the supervisor and he didn't understand why the website wasn't matching their internal system.

He took my number and is going to investigate and call me back.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that USPS said it probably got shipped back or confiscated by customs as well.

Ugh.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Wayman
United States
Palmetto
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Dad retired from US Navy after 20 service in Submarines. Commissioned USS Gato SSN 615 and USS Cavalla SSN 684
mbmbmbmbmb
USPS National told me the same thing, except in my case they dumped it off on Customs. Said they had no scan of item even though their web site clearly shows it going through NY ISC which is a postal facility. At this point its been over 6 weeks in Customs and I havent received a letter from them stating that they have confiscated the games for some unknown reason so I am guessing they are gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rozack
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
sent a missing mail request also. tracking showed arrival in Pittsburgh on jan 3, but after, the same info on tracking update: on its way, different day but same message & same identical time. Last message was jan 6. (3 games). Will advise if it is delivered or they say it's lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rozack
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mine arrived yesterday. (jan 25 -USPS). Box looked like it had been opened & resealed, but the game boxes were all ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Australia
Meadowbank
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was informed that I was one of three unlucky bastards whose orders would not be fulfilled. The reason for this is that a bunch of kickstarter copies got lost in the post, and new ones needed to be sent out, thus depriving non-Kickstarter backers of their copies. I got my money refunded, but am very unhappy with the situation. Very poor contingency planning, and Corne wasn't even apologetic about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
birdsong703 wrote:
I was informed that I was one of three unlucky bastards whose orders would not be fulfilled. The reason for this is that a bunch of kickstarter copies got lost in the post, and new ones needed to be sent out, thus depriving non-Kickstarter backers of their copies. I got my money refunded, but am very unhappy with the situation. Very poor contingency planning, and Corne wasn't even apologetic about it.

About my apologies I don't remember but this lost deliveries horror costs me a LOT extra time and some days I stop adding the obligate apologies. ;(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything since Dec 20 when my 5 games "arrived in the destination country." I'm a pretty patient guy, but if I need to do something, I'd like to get that started. It's interesting that some people are being told their orders aren't coming. Any guidance here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
moramis wrote:
I haven't heard anything since Dec 20 when my 5 games "arrived in the destination country." I'm a pretty patient guy, but if I need to do something, I'd like to get that started. It's interesting that some people are being told their orders aren't coming. Any guidance here?

You were a backer and now I'm quite certain that all backers will get their games. Your package was sent late, 6 dec., last scan at 20 december doesn't look promissing but some packages to US addresses arrived after more than 2 months. You don't need to do anything. The sender did request the transporter to search for your package. Only if you want 1 or more games refunded instead of resend, then message me at KS. Refunding will be the average payment per game and the number of refund-games divided by the total number of ordered games times the paid delivery costs. in other words: You will not lose your "group-price advantage" for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Corné. I'm patient and Habitats is a game worth waiting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Australia
Meadowbank
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cwali wrote:
birdsong703 wrote:

About my apologies I don't remember but this lost deliveries horror costs me a LOT extra time and some days I stop adding the obligate apologies. ;(

You're still not apologising, which is quite unbelievable. Try to imagine for a second how it feels to pay for a game and wait for months and months and months, only to be told I won't be getting it - and with NO APOLOGY. Honestly, it's basic human decency.

The super-annoying thing is that I LOVE Habitats - I played a friend's copy last night, thoroughly enjoyed myself and WON. It's one of my favourite games, and now I don't have my copy and the designer hasn't been very nice about it.

It seems to be a common thing. Some of my favourite writers and thinkers weren't very nice people in real life either. Like Nietzsche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.