Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TECHNO BOWL is now available for Tabletop Simulator, and it's... FREE!

Merry Christmas, thanks for a great year, and I'll see you online!

Special thanks to this guy for all of his hard work and getting this gift ready in time for the holiday! cool
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That is awesome! Now we just need a league commish to get this started!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO this is the best Christmas ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyle Wilcox
msg tools
Downloading as we speak!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
orabbi wrote:
That is awesome! Now we just need a league commish to get this started!

I'll take the reigns on that. I'm working on logistics and we'll start something after the holidays. If someone wants to be an assistant to the regional manager, please hit me up travis at jansens dot us and we can chat about rules and whatnot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Chalifoux
msg tools
I've nevber played TTS, bought it specifically to play this game online. Went through the TTS tutorial, opened up this game. I feel like I'll need some help operating this.
Frankly, I couldn't really figure out how to get all my pieces out of the team bag. It will take some practice. I'd love to join the league, just don't know if my capablities with TTS will allow it.

Not to discourage people from getting TTS to play the game, just warning people that it may take time learning just how to use TTS.

Great job with the game though, looks great, very good job on the graphics/team players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moon rally
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just picked this up, definitely in for a League!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Hit me up and I'll walk you through a demo on TTS. I promise you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis, if you would give us all a brief 'how to' guide to your program I'm sure others would appreciate it as well as myself. I doubt I'm the only one new to TS. I figured out most of it (including the fact there are two Techno Bowl files for TS on Steam, yours and an incomplete build). I have a few questions if you don't mind.

-Pressing the 'call play' button discards in order all of the cards in my secondary hand all at once. Is it supposed to do that?

-I am having trouble turning my cards over (the reverse side just looks the same), sometimes I can and sometimes I cannot. Perhaps it's because I am tinkering with the program in single player mode?

-The 'set field' card is a cute touch, but after setup I don't need it our some of the other things on the table, throwing them into the void doesn't get rid of them. Is it possible to just ditch items to remove some clutter?

Thanks for the work you've done, it looks great, I can't wait to get into a game online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Yes, the idea is you drag your 5 play cards into the second hand and hit call play. It stacks them appropriately.

If the reverse side looks the same, you mist be dragging them to your opponents hand. It's setup so you can't see what's in your opponents hand even if you flip them.

For the TEAM things you don't need, drag them back into the team bag.

For the game components you don't need, simply delete them! They will be back the next time you load the game.

Any other questions, let me know. Maybe I will do a video when I get home from my Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome F
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had exactly the same confusion with the hands, and can confirm that it's because you have it in Single Player mode. I thought Single Player would be the best way to experiment, but it's much clearer to play around with it in Hotseat.

Once you're in Hotseat mode, turning your cards over will actually let you see the other side (unlike Single Player). It will also mean that the Sort and Shuffle buttons work correctly.

As Travis has said, just delete any extras once you're done setting up.

The two areas for hand management got me at first. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't drop stacked cards into your hand all at once, so remember to put them in individually. It's set up to sort the cards in your right hand, and create your play call in the space to the left. When you have them in order, the Call Play button will place all of them to the side of the field in order, so you can individually draw them as you play.

A tutorial would be great, but it's not too hard to work out once you play about a bit (but not in Single Player!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
100% correct. I'll do a video soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've messed around with TTS before, mostly to play Kingdom Death: Monster, so I had no trouble with this, and it all looks great! EXCEPT I can't seem to get the scoreboard to work? I try to click the numbers, and it picks up the board instead, and then puts the board back on top of the numbers? Maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out

*EDIT* If you right-click on the scoreboard, go to "toggles" and click "lock", it seems to fix the problem and you can adjust the score. seems like an easy enough fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
I'll lock those and upload a new version. For now just hover over the numbers and hit a number key 0-9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Scoreboard issue is fixed!

I recorded a video tutorial and then it crashed on me, so now I'm too frustrated to create one again today.

However, I've created a discord chat channel for us to get help in as well as find people for games. Discord offers voice chat as well as a way to text chat and be used as a game lobby:

The channel can be found here:
https://discord.gg/5rZKrk3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.