Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Mathieus
United States
Kenosha
WI
flag msg tools
mb

I'm looking for a casual group to join for board/card games. Maybe D&D but I've been out of that for going on 15 years.

I know there are 5 gaming stores in Kenosha alone but I'm having trouble approaching people IRL.

My interests lie along scifi/fantasy/strategy games. I have a decent collection and am experienced in lots of different games. I could potentially recruit 2 other friends with similar interests to bring along for the right group.

Availability is most nights and weekends. Non-smoker. Social drinking sometimes. No pet allergies/fears. Non-religious/political. Semi-Introvert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ol' Skool

Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump to support you. Way out in Oconomowoc my self. Looking at going to one of the upcoming conventions in the next 4-5 months to meet gamers in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Sudik
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Erik
I have a group that boardgames/miniatures on Saturdays at my house.I am in Milwaukee and we start gaming at 2pm and go until midnight. We have anywhere from 3 to 8 people show up throughout the day. On average there are 4 gamers here and we all game together(don't break off into separate groups). If you and your friends are interested in joining, let me know and we can set something up.

Hope to hear from you
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gustafson
United States
Mount Pleasant
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Mt Pleasant.
I sent you a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kirsch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Unless you're playing against me.
badge
We're gonna need a bigger boat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the Kenosha area and looking for a group of people to game with. I like a lot of cooperative and Euro style games, but that's mostly because I play a lot solo right now and those games lend to that type of play. I'd be open to getting together with other local people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DG
United States
Platteville
WI
flag msg tools
Hi Erik,

I noticed your post on looking for gamers. Sorry I’m late to the forum. I don’t know if you found a group or not but I figured I’d let you know that I’m available if you guys are looking for players.

Have s good night,
D Cody Gained

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mathieus
United States
Kenosha
WI
flag msg tools
mb
I'm going to give Menagerie Games a try for their Wednesday boardgame nights this week and if I like the atmosphere I'll try to make it a regular routine. I hear they generally start around 6pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penta Zona
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hello

Did you try a visit to Menagerie Games ?
I’ve stopped in there a few times to look around or get sleeves but didn’t spend much time to hang out.

Take care and have fun
PentaZona

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mathieus
United States
Kenosha
WI
flag msg tools
mb
I did. I've been there a few wednesdays now. It's a nice place and the owner is friendly and knowledgeable. The first Wednesday I went no one showed up so the owner played games with me instead. Then the next couple weeks there has been a turnout of about 5 to 7 players. I should note I've only been there three times now. I was invited by that group to a weekly home based game session on Thursdays. And to round it off I've been hitting up Rockheads on Fridays for their group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kirsch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MortisDarkblight wrote:
And to round it off I've been hitting up Rockheads on Fridays for their group.

How is Rockheads on Fridays? I had a group I was going to on Wednesdays, but a group of my friends started up our bowling team again so I have not been able to go. Is the Rockheads group pretty welcoming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mathieus
United States
Kenosha
WI
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, the Friday group is pretty welcoming. There seems to be a large variety of personalities and people. I've only been going the last three weeks and haven't met everyone yet but so far I haven't had any issues and their online game nomination/voting system takes some pressure off trying to figure out what to play. I will say if you get cold easily to dress warmly. The room they use gets pretty chilly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kirsch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MortisDarkblight wrote:
Yeah, the Friday group is pretty welcoming. There seems to be a large variety of personalities and people. I've only been going the last three weeks and haven't met everyone yet but so far I haven't had any issues and their online game nomination/voting system takes some pressure off trying to figure out what to play. I will say if you get cold easily to dress warmly. The room they use gets pretty chilly.

I think I will have to check out a Friday night one of these nights. I was gaming down in Gurnee on Wednesdays, so this will be WAY closer to my home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mathieus
United States
Kenosha
WI
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like a plan. The store can accommodate a large number of players so the more the merrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.