Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) In El Dorado, the Champion AI King’s Rally and King’s Inspiration give bonuses to “all friendly units.” Is the Champion itself considered part of this?

2) In Atlantis, does the Champion only use the Trident Spear ability as part of the AI? I’m also assuming that if there are no targets within 3 range that the Champion simply holds onto the spear until the next activation, right?

3) The Atlantis Take Charge ability moves the Champion to the weakest unit and makes the Basic Attack an Alt Attack. Do you chose where the Champion is placed as long as it is adjacent to the weakest? Does this ability cause an attack to be made or does the black die have to roll a hit as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding question 2) after digging around the FAQs on the Chip Theory website it looks like I misunderstood how the Green hit works with the Atlantis AI. The AI card says that if the Champion has the spear already, they use the “Spear Ability.” That confuses me as there are two Spear Abilities, Trident’s Call and Trident Spear.

If I understand the FAQ right, the Green hit causes the Champion to use Trident’s Call to summon the Sea Monster closest to Leader>Weakest. Would the Black hit then cause the Champion to use Trident Spear if they’re holding it?

Inconsistent wording is really tripping me up here. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
Lass mich!
badge
Geh weg!
mbmbmbmbmb
arcnarenth wrote:
1) In El Dorado, the Champion AI King’s Rally and King’s Inspiration give bonuses to “all friendly units.” Is the Champion itself considered part of this?

2) In Atlantis, does the Champion only use the Trident Spear ability as part of the AI? I’m also assuming that if there are no targets within 3 range that the Champion simply holds onto the spear until the next activation, right?

3) The Atlantis Take Charge ability moves the Champion to the weakest unit and makes the Basic Attack an Alt Attack. Do you chose where the Champion is placed as long as it is adjacent to the weakest? Does this ability cause an attack to be made or does the black die have to roll a hit as well?

1) No. Champion is not considered a friendly unit to itself.

2) Green Hit: The Champion will - if spear is equipped - use it's ability : throw the spear as close as it gets to opposing Leader > weakest unit (but arena ain't that big really) when calling a Seamonster. Tridents Spear is considered Alt Atk and therefor not triggered by "Green Hit Die"

3.)You teleport and chose the spot adjacent (but maybe in your favour if there's a tie). A hit on "Black Die" is mandatory for Champion to attack, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.