Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand the game in general but have one lingering question.

In the picture below, how much movement does it cost the 7Pz unit to move to the out of supply marker.

Sorry and thanks in advance. I’m a new player and did try to research the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ewokracoonbreder wrote:

In the picture below, how much movement does it cost the 7Pz unit to move to the out of supply marker.

Sorry and thanks in advance. I’m a new player and did try to research the answer.

It costs +2 to enter an EZOC and +2 to leave an EZOC.
So: move east = 3, then move southeast for +3 = 6, then move east, east, northeast for +1 +1 +1 = 9 total.

Or if you mean moving directly east east east east, that would be:
east = 3, east for +5 = 8, east for +5 = 13, east for +3 = 16 total...

See rule 8.2 and its example if this does not make sense to you.

Have fun, it's a cool game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
ewokracoonbreder wrote:

I'm assuming there is nothing under that OOS marker and you're just using it to mark the hex for an example, correct? If so, Russ is correct with his example of 9MPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses!

The out of supply marker was just to mark the intended final location.

My question was posed because I wasn’t sure how movement within EZOC - as opposed to entering/exiting - was handled.

Russ you were on it with your second breakdown, I wanted to know the cost to move directly east passing though the two Russian units ZOC.

I’m now assuming entering ezoc means - anytime you move into a space within ezoc regardless of where you moved from. For a second I was thinking there was only a movement penalty moving into and then, once there apply normal movement costs.

Now I understand thank you! So far really into the game, one quick read of the rules and I think I got it pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ewokracoonbreder wrote:
Russ you were on it with your second breakdown, I wanted to know the cost to move directly east passing though the two Russian units ZOC.

I’m now assuming entering ezoc means - anytime you move into a space within ezoc regardless of where you moved from. For a second I was thinking there was only a movement penalty moving into and then, once there apply normal movement costs.

Ah, yes, I see your confusion. Indeed, here EZOC is perhaps cryptic and means "a hex in an enemy ZOC". Good point. The rules indeed might be using "EZOC" a bit ambiguously to mean "a single hex adjacent to an enemy unit" and "the set of all hexes adjacent to an enemy unit". FWIW this ambiguous/double usage probably appears in many wargame rulebooks, so is worth being aware of...

To explain it perhaps even more explicitly: if you leave a hex in an enemy ZOC, it costs +2 extra, and if you enter a hex in an enemy ZOC, it costs +2 extra. So doing both in a single step costs 2+2=4 extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.