Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just want to say “thanks” to the designer of this game - Eric Reuss. After playing two games with my wify and looking through all the options in terms of spirits, powers, scenarios and adversaries, I have to say that the guy is a genius. I’ve yet to see a game so engaging/thematic/strategic where each session feels like completely different game and experience. This is definitely the best game of the year. Looking forward to expansions. Can’t wait.
Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed 100%. I'm now at my 8th game, and we tried all the different spirits so far just to see how they play. I'm having a blast. Thematically speaking, just seeing a spirit like the Ocean one, where placement of the presence goes like the tide.. it's great.

Game of the year for me also. When you keep thinking about your next game, and you have dreams where you're playing the game, you know it's a good one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Thank you both very much for the kind words! :-)
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well deserved praise. One of my favorites as well. I love how much theme comes through from all of the names of the cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G C

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed in that this has quickly become my favorite non-legacy game, not just of the year, but of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I concur. The best game I've played this year. got my girlfriend interested in this too. I've been playing this mostly solo before I met her. it's my #1 in the top 20 solo games of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike U
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% agree Eric is a genius! Also, just throwing this out there, but if you decide to come out with an upgrade pack with premium presence tokens, full art cards (keep the same pictures, but cover the entire card), and any other upgraded bits, then you sir have my wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased around 20+ new boards games this year and without doubt some of those games have been awesome ...but nothing has excited and enthralled me as much as this amazing game ...

Secondly, and almost just as important has been the designers outstanding support for what is clearly beyond just a pet project for him ...

I purchased the 2nd printing having missed the KS but I will certainly jump on any expansions or future designs by Eric ...in y mind the guy is up there with the best !

All round a first class exemplar of gaming goodness from production, play and support ...MARVELLOUS!

Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed!

I got the base game, and after playing it a couple of times I bought the expansion no questions asked! Now I wish I also had the promo spirits and keep checking when they will be back in stock!

We want more expansions!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
Agreed!

I got the base game, and after playing it a couple of times I bought the expansion no questions asked! Now I wish I also had the promo spirits and keep checking when they will be back in stock!

We want more expansions!!

The promos are great. Serpent is one of my favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Got the expansion and promos. Just finished a 4 player game with everything thrown in. A blast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.