Daniel Corsi
Brazil
flag msg tools
hello!
badge
hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello gents,

We were playing Dead of Winter last night and a situation come across we could not find a proper answer for anywhere.

We had Felicia Day in play at the Library when Alexis Grey card come to play and activate (since Felicia count as any survival). My choice at that time was to stay at the Library forever, so Felicia would not able to leave that location for the rest of the game.
Later in the game, another character crossroads card (Brandon Kane) came in to play, and activate since Felicia was still in play.
This card ask to move Brandon (Felicia) to the Grocery store if able. Sure she was not able, but we agree that this would not prevent the card to be triggered. The options then were:
- Beat up Brandon
- Do Nothing
We did not want to do nothing would force us to put lots of cards in the wast pile, so we choose to beat up Brandon (Felicia).
Choosing this makes us place a wound on Brandon (Felicia) and move him (her) back to the colony, and this is the problematic point.
As this move is mandatory and not (if able), we question if:
1. This would prevent us to choose this option?
2. This would allow us to break the previous condition and move Felicia back to the colony?
3. This would allow us to choose this option, put a wound on Felicia but not move her since she is not allowed to leave the Library?
We decide to go with option 3, but no one was sure if this was the better alternative neither thematic or in therms of rules.

Anyone here has better insight on this situation? I assume this is not the only possible combination in with Felicia power would create this kind of mess, but could not find here any question on this subject.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would have gone with option 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would've probably gone with option 2.
The idea behind Felicia's "ability" isn't that she BECOMES the missing person, it's that she's using her acting skills to fill a role. So i'd see it as she starts off acting like Alexis and fully intends to stay at the library for this role, but then she suddenly drops her Alexis role and goes on to act as Brandon (dropping the requirement to stay at the library in the process).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.