Hide
4 Posts

Battle for Rokugan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about territory cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ramun Flame
msg tools
I played Battle for Rokugan yesterday, and had a question regarding territory cards. Some of these involve putting down tokens and it looks like there is only enough tokens to do each action once. Does this mean if the card is played again another round that these tokens are moved? This seems to be the only way this could work since there is not enough tokens to add to new locations, but I didn't see anything in the rules addressing moving tokens that have been placed.

I tried using https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/ to contact FFG directly, but I keep getting "Forbidden (403) CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.".

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A territory card once used is discarded. There is no possibility of it being used again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramun Flame
msg tools
candoo wrote:
A territory card once used is discarded. There is no possibility of it being used again.

So, if it is claimed, and not used, can they keep it for another round? Do they lose it if they no longer have majority in a territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snow Blind
msg tools
Ramun Flame wrote:
candoo wrote:

So, if it is claimed, and not used, can they keep it for another round? Do they lose it if they no longer have majority in a territory?

They keep it if they've kept the territory. At the start of every round players check if anyone holds a territory. (Not a majority btw, they have to dominate all the provinces of the same color). If a person who has held a territory and thus got its card no longer holds all the provinces, he has to return the card to the board. (Page 11 on the rulebook). This puts pressure on players to use their territory cards asap although they would benefit more from saving them to later rounds. Often territory cards grant players things like defense or honor tokens, which other players can steal by conquering the provinces they've been placed on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.