Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules mention that when you use "all cards into the future", you cannot sort the cards. They also mention explicitly that you *can* sort the cards just before moving them to the past, suggesting that you aren't just allowed to do it whenever you want. But I saw on the forum here that someone said you can sort cards in the present at any time.

So... when can I sort the present area? And if it's "anytime", why the rule about not sorting before moving cards into the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple - you sort the cards in the present AFTER you used at least one ability from one of the cards. (you can also sort them without using an ability, but moving them in the future require an ability to be used)
When moving cards to the future, you can do this only by using the ability with the same name, meaning that after this step there's no more cards in the present to sort them and then move them where you want.
So, you can't choose to use the ability 'move to the future', then arrange the cards, and then move them already arranged. Triggered abilities take place instantly.
This is called cheating without knowing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RipTail wrote:
Simple - you sort the cards in the present AFTER you used at least one ability from one of the cards. (you can also sort them without using an ability, but moving them in the future require an ability to be used)

I'm sorry, do you mean that if you use one ability, then you can sort the present cards and then use a second ability? I'm having trouble seeing how one would get that from the rulebook. The only reference to sorting cards in the turn sequence is in "Step 5", after you're done using abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use how many abilities you want, but only after this, you can sort the cards.
And by using the ability 'move to the future' you can't sort the cards anymore because all of them are in the future area.
Do you understand now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I do. So is the answer given in this thread incorrect? Sorting cards during step 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My answer is yes, those guys play the game incorrectly.
Step 5 from the rulebook explain this very clear - 'AFTER activating all desired actions, you may sort all cards in your Present area'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Spiel demo with FF himself, he sorts the cards as soon as they come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any benefit to sorting cards before you move them into the future?

It seems that, even if you can't, you'll always be able to sort them when you them back into the present (at least, you'll be able to do so before the order is important).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any advantage to sort the cards before moving them to the past anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.