2 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: On the Shores of the Styx rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bat Man
msg tools
Hi all,

We just played "On the Shores of the Styx" from the Echidna expansion.
We must have misunderstood a rule because our game lasted only 5min with very limited chances for the Hero player to win and was ultimately not fun at all.

The goal of the scenario for the monster is to pick and carry 2 omphalos.

It went this way:
1 - Monster: deploys Chimera
2 - Hero: deploys Atalanta + Amazons range 2 units
3 - Monster: Chimera moves 2 and pick up an omphalos.
4 - Hero: double activates the range 2 units, the only units that can target Chimera before it exits at round 3. If less than 4 damages are done, Chimera exits the board next round with one omphalos.
5 - Monster: Chimera runs 2 and exits.

I repeated the same strategy with Cerberus, requiring 5 damages in one turn to be slowed down. The game ends turn between turn 5 and 11 depending how lucky I got with the activation cards.
The chances look so slim for the heroes: it only depends on which activation cards the monster player got, and it seems it has 95% chances to get what it is needed.

What did we miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You did nothing wrong. I already opened a thread regarding this topic here :

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1906349/shores-styx-unwinna...

I hope to get an official answer from the designers soon. I houseruled that the omphales are placed in or next to the heroes' starting zone.

As it is printed now heroes can't win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.