Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Prosperity setup is dependent on the previous Epoch's end state and isn't as easy to discern by the rules alone (see the designer's reply in Petty Tyrants: Possible Typos in Setup, where only 2/3 are confirmed to be typos and the other represented an never plundered region), I decided to confirm the 'The Harder They Fall' scenario setup.

In this scenario, Roman rule is still present and it appears that several regions were fully plundered. These regions were all the coastal Hill Regions (so excluding Brigantes), all the Fens regions, and Regni. All these save Iceni and Novantae are at a prosperity equal to population, and the excluded two are uncontrolled and have no prosperity.

Trying to reason out how this situation would arise after the 2nd Epoch card, I surmise that:

1. The Scotti player must have plundered all the coastal Hills regions completely, and

2. The Saxon player plundered all the Fens and Regni regions completely, and

3. Any other regions, if plundered, only had their top row of Prosperity plundered.

This would mean that during the Recovery of Prosperity (6.1.7), all controlled regions would recover up their population of cubes, and since it is Roman Rule the top row can be filled. I suspect this scenario setup is correct, but I just want to confirm it rather than assume (because if I had done gone with my assumptions in the last setup, I would have been in error).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is absolutely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.