Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm on my 3rd attempt, the 2nd was on easy difficulty...

I'd had a good run, winning 4 of the last 5, two of them on hard difficulty. Scenario 28 though is kicking my ass. That first room seems impossible. I have 3 characters and the 6 cultists in the room pretty rapidly summon Living Bones, leaving me outnumbers 15-3. Then...they do it again before I can wade through the masses to kill them.

It takes 2-4 attacks to kill anything, event the Cultists have a lot of hit points. I can't clear things out fast enough.

I'm really out of ideas, there just doesn't seem to be any way to deal with so many cultists summoning so many Living Bones other than hoping to get lucky and they don't draw the summon card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your party? We had a 4-player party (CH, SW, TI, BR) and we were able to deal with it fine. We had enough AOE/multi-target to take the number down to the point that the Living Bones weren't a huge issue. But if they get a Turn 1 Summons, that would be painful. Seems like this is a pretty RNG-dependant scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
3rd try just went down in flames, one dead character before room one was even 1/2 cleared. Cultists summoned back to back on turns 2 and 3.

Brute, Tinker, and the Sun symbol. It's not a good AOE team, though even with the Tinker spamming his loss AOE's and the Brute using Cleave, Skewer, and such, I just can't manage it

I'm going to try sprinting for a door and hope the other side of the door is easier to defend even if it opens up a new room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, that group is a poor fit for the scenario. A bit of crowd control but not much group damage. Knowing what's on the other sides of the door, I'm not sure you will find much solace with your alternative. Your best bet is to hope on RNG with the Cultists. FWIW, and avoiding specific spoilers, but your group won't be much better with the next scenario either without better crowd control. We had the hardest time yet with that one and barely made it out alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We failed our first time as well.

But the second time our Brute locked down the cultists with Trample+Hammer+Movement Boots and the rest of us focus-fired the cultists down.

The Tinkerer and Sunkeeper also have refreshable level 1 stun attacks if you can manage to use them. SK and BR in the thick of it while TI is a couple of hexes back.

GOod Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I escaped into the room on the right on turn 1 and that worked. Still had it on easy and it was a bit of a close thing, but it was much easier to hold the door and kill the things in the room and then slowly whittle down the masses queuing up for the door. Burned every ranged thing I had to hit the cultists so they'd stop spamming Living Bones.

Ouch, toughest scenario yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.