Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been testing some additional unit types to cover additional thematic, mechanical, and strategic ground. I wanted to keep them simple (or at least intuitive), create new balanced strategies (at least with the advanced rules in effect), and add thematic stuff that matters to tanks.

colonistcolonistcolonistcolonistcolonistcolonistcolonist

Bunker (x1)
armor 4
E Both players replace one of their two flags with a bunker. Destroying the enemy bunker is a victory requirement.
E Cannot activate. Cannot be rebuilt.
E No facing; immune to flanking.

(As per Shorter, More Aggressive Bitskrieg..., this tends to produce a shorter and more intense match. It's not as good as having a 2nd flag, but it's the same for both sides.)

Mechanized Infantry (x3)
MI -- speed 2 -- 2 -- armor 3
E after activating MI, you may immediately activate another tank
E MI's attack stuns if it would kill (and does not stun on a tie, if using advanced rules)

(Extra mobility is nice, but the low firepower limits their value. They are useful to block light vehicles or snag flags, but vulnerable if your opponent positions defenses appropriately.)

Artillery (x3)
ARTY -- move 1 -- ? -- armor 2
E To attack, roll 2 dice to determine a random coordinate. Optionally abort (end the activation but still become finished). If not, attack any tank at that location with 2 dice and each adjacent tank with 1 die (including diagonals). This can cause friendly fire.

(Very long range, but vulnerable to an LT or TD zipping over and taking it out. Encourages opponent to spread out and close in and not fire at range.)

Half-Track HQ (x3)
HQ -- move 1 -- 56 -- armor 3
E Your LT and TD have +1 move speed.

(A weak HT by itself, but having 1 or more of these make LTs good at grabbing flags and TDs good at flanking attacks. Both can be countered with good manauvering, but are very strong if opponent is careless. A strong attack with a soft underbelly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.