Hide
6 Posts

Majesty: For the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: After playing first 2 games A side rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
We commented that the Nobles seemed over overpowered. We had some 3 way ties resulting in everybody getting the same victory points. Is this correct seems like a lot of points to dole out for a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ties are friendly, yes. So every tied player gets 16. But there is a trade off. If you go for Nobles early and don’t get a Miller or Brewer or somebody on the far left side of your fiefdom, you leave yourself open to an attack by a Knight. The cheaper cards give you a buffer because you lose the card farthest left in the stack. And 16 points for Nobles is only one more than for Innskeepers. It’s not like they are worth 20 and every other character worth 10.

I’ve played 5x and I haven’t seen a Noble heavy strategy win disproportionately. In fact, diversification with selective majorities seems to be the key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we also played 2 times with 3 players. i think it is quite balance. but i also heard from other forum that they sat attack card (knight?) was overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
We commented that the Nobles seemed over overpowered. We had some 3 way ties resulting in everybody getting the same victory points. Is this correct seems like a lot of points to dole out for a tie.

Nobles ARE slightly OP I found. This isn't based on just the number of points they give, but on the fact that they give meeples.

If you go all out and pay 5 meeples to buy the Noble card in the last position, you get meeples back. If you already own Nobles, the cards start paying for themselves (Ex, if you own two nobles and you buy one in the 4th position, it costs you nothing)

So anyone that buys cards in last position needs to commit and lose resources for it, except players stacking nobles. And that's on top of having the highest multiplier and highest end game value for the location) Any other character card just leaves you with your pants down. And you're forced to get whatever is in first position next turn.

Also, In-keepers often give other players points, while Nobles give nothing to anyone but their owners.

I'm considering playing only with the B side of the castle.

Quote:
we also played 2 times with 3 players. i think it is quite balance. but i also heard from other forum that they sat attack card (knight?) was overpowered.

I found them balanced since they can be mitigated in four ways.

1. Buy guards
2. Buy witches
3. Buy millers
4. Buy soldiers yourself.

Despite my buying 4 soldiers in my last game, there was only a single char. in the infirmary at end game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The more I play, the less I take Nobles. I'll see how that evolves as I play more more with different players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oiler1 wrote:

If every player is involved in the tie, then you can simply ignore the points. It makes a diff. when 2 players are tied and the 3rd isn't in the race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.