Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Clifford
United States
Portage
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any reason to have more than one air marker in a space?

I pretty sure that air superiority in a combat can only be used once and that's the first time there is a tie.
Planned Bridges also only require 1 air marker regardless of the number of artillery and it can be ready or flown so again multiple planes wouldn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Multiple air superiority markers in an area would allow you to win more ties, so provides an additional defense.

Per rule, if a ready air marker is present, a tie will result in it being flipped to flown. A second ready air marker would be available should another tie occur, and so on.

Though only taking effect on a tie doesn't seem as useful as a straight modifier, it's essentially a +1 on defense only used up when it's needed (as opposed to some markers that are used up when applied, whether it made a difference or not), and can slow down the momentum of an assault by stopping/preventing the Big Push bonus. Two or three air markers in an area can be better than some other markers whose modifiers might not have been needed because you rolled high anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Kirk, am really glad that you cleared that up. Because rule 7.6.5 is worded in such a way that it can be interpreted that only the first tie can end as a win for the defender.

But now, after reading your post and re-reading the rule, I suddenly have a different perspective on the wording. The key word is "ready" ("...containing a "ready" Air Superiority marker").

Thusly, the word, "first" takes on a whole new meaning as it's now obvious that it's talking about the first tie to occur as long as there's a ready marker in the space.

Got it now.

Thx!

You're up late on Xmas eve... just finish putting the kid's gifts under the tree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Clifford
United States
Portage
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your support on this great game. Sometimes I read too much into a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

dvsimp wrote:
Sometimes I read too much into a rule.

Yeah, me too. This is a case in point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.