Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NickyBoy
United States
Kaneohe
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it at all possible to move twice on a turn? Like the card that says, "spend a victory point to move to any province," can that be used for a second move in one turn?

My guess is NO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The way I interpret the rules, the answer is, "Yes".

According to page 4, you may perform any of seven actions during the course of your MAIN PHASE. Moving your leader is one of the seven actions. But as you're aware, you can perform this MOVE action only once per turn. However, the other six actions can be performed any number of times. And one of those actions is using the "Action Ability" from a card! (Reference, Rulebook, page 4)

Thusly if you also play the card, 'Harbor Trader' ("Action: Move to an adjacent province and gain one influence."), note that this is NOT a Move Action! It is an "Action Ability" action, which means you can move your leader as a Move Action, then play 'Harbor Trader' for its Action Ability. This is an example how you can move more than once during a turn.

The same also holds true for the "Guide" Starter Advisor card (as an Action, move to any province). I'm not familiar enough yet with the game to know of the card you mentioned in your OP. But if that ability has the "Action:" precursor, then the move counts as using an "Action" ability, and not as your one move action.

On a side, but related note: The "Port Shipwright" Ally card allows you to perform the "Move Your Leader" action twice in a turn.

Standard Disclaimer: I could be wrong in my interpretation. I did my best to use references from the rulebook to arrive at my interpretation. Will have to wait for official confirmation to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NickyBoy
United States
Kaneohe
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, that makes sense. I will go with that unless I hear otherwise from an authority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are objectives that require you to move multiple times in a single turn, so the answer is most definitely yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, abilities can allow additional moves beyond your one move action per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.