Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finishing early rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two quick questions-

1) Depending on passes and the distribution of gold cards it’s possible that some players may run out of moves before others. Do they just sit out the last turns until the game ends?

2) Similarly, everybody could run out of moves before the formal end of the game. Do you just end the game at that point?

I’m guessing “yes” for both of these.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly do you mean by "run out of moves"?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
no one runs out of moves. no one has a hand of cards.

one person draws a card from the deck, reveals it, and calls out the number. then, every player (including the one who drew the card) may either:

- draw the line corresponding to the card/number, or
- see the next sanctuary to score (if they haven't already)

the round ends after resolving--revealing and calling out the number--the 4th yellow card drawn. then, discard (or put back in the box) all the cards revealed this round and flip the next sanctuary card. repeat.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "run out of moves"?


Last night my sister had drawn a road in every one of the boxes on her board, while I still had two left. So we decided that she would just wait while I finished. Two cards later I was also out of boxes and we still had not revealed the fourth gold card.

I suppose my sister was still technically taking "pass" moves until I finished. And we could have both continued to takes "passes" until the fourth yellow card came up, although I don't see much point to it. Really I wanted to make sure that we were supposed to end the game once she was "done."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
no one runs out of moves. no one has a hand of cards.

one person draws a card from the deck, reveals it, and calls out the number. then, every player (including the one who drew the card) may either:

- draw the line corresponding to the card/number, or
- see the next sanctuary to score (if they haven't already)

the round ends after resolving--revealing and calling out the number--the 4th yellow card drawn. then, discard (or put back in the box) all the cards revealed this round and flip the next sanctuary card. repeat.



I read the rules, thanks. Including the part about how to manage the cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spbtc wrote:
Brodie17 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "run out of moves"?


Last night my sister had drawn a road in every one of the boxes on her board, while I still had two left. So we decided that she would just wait while I finished. Two cards later I was also out of boxes and we still had not revealed the fourth gold card.

I suppose my sister was still technically taking "pass" moves until I finished. And we could have both continued to takes "passes" until the fourth yellow card came up, although I don't see much point to it. Really I wanted to make sure that we were supposed to end the game once she was "done."


Ran out of boxes? That's impossible...there aren't enough cards.

Were you playing with a decree card that added roads (I haven't seen them all so not sure if one exists). But in the base game, you'd never run out of boxes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are 42 path cards and 42 boxes on the board. It would be very rare to fill them all! Does your sister only draw paths on blank spaces??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
spbtc wrote:
Brodie17 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "run out of moves"?


Last night my sister had drawn a road in every one of the boxes on her board, while I still had two left. So we decided that she would just wait while I finished. Two cards later I was also out of boxes and we still had not revealed the fourth gold card.

I suppose my sister was still technically taking "pass" moves until I finished. And we could have both continued to takes "passes" until the fourth yellow card came up, although I don't see much point to it. Really I wanted to make sure that we were supposed to end the game once she was "done."


Ran out of boxes? That's impossible...there aren't enough cards.

Were you playing with a decree card that added roads (I haven't seen them all so not sure if one exists). But in the base game, you'd never run out of boxes.


I eventually realized what our mistake was. We weren't drawing lines through sanctuaries to connect them, only up to the sanctuary spot (and the guardian spot). We were playing with 8 spots too few.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha...glad you figured it out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are certainly times when a player, due to poor play, will run out of USEFUL moves. In that case, yeah, they just fill in empty boxes until the game ends.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.