BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: How do you score for the AI when tracking solo plays? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nolan F
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there! First real post so I'm sorry if I am doing something wrong.

I just purchased the BG Stats app, but it's having trouble picking up stats for the games I play solo. Is there a good way to do this? I usually put me as the only player and my score, and then I put the relevant info in the comment section for the AI player.

So, for example in a solo play of Scythe which I lost:
Comments: Automa, Togawa, 70 points

Players:
SirFink, Nordic, 34 (win box unchecked)

In the BG Stats app though, this is screwy because it says no one won, when in reality I lost to the AI. If I add a "dummy" player, it tracks all the games as 2-player, which then skews my 2p stats. Is there a workaround for this? I just want my stats nice and neat!

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Video Game Geek. This forum is not for scoring AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaaloechild wrote:
Try the Video Game Geek. This forum is not for scoring AI.

Huh? He's playing a game solo. An analogue game, not a digital game. Of course this is the forum for it.

However, it does seem that you lost a two player game, not a solo game. You can log it as a solo game if you will (like Friday or Elevenses for One), but then nobody won (which is what happens when you lose a solo game, nobody wins as there is no one who can win). Or you can log it as a two player game and give the AI a name and then say that they won.

Up to you whether you want to consider it a solo game (with no winner) or a two player game (where the other player (not a real person) won).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I merely enter a "bot player #" into my game plays and give them a score, then check mark the winner of the game if a particular bot won. Other times, I don't bother entering.

Example: If I play a game of Liberty or Death vs 3 procedural AIs, I use the scoring system in the game to determine final scores and record the results.

Of course, I enter my plays either at this website directly or via the android Boardgamegeek app (an unofficial app). I don't know the specifics of your purchased app or if it links to BGG. I do have scorepal but I don't really use it to enter plays, only view statistical information. However, if you enter the AI stuff in the comments rather than as a player, then you can't mark it as a winner of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games BG Stats will automatically track “the game” as having won or lost. I also have a player named Artificial Intelligence who I put a score for in say Anachrony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More than half of my game sessions in 2017 were solo plays with a large number against some type of AI system. I log every game, just because i find it interesting to do so, using the BG Stats app. I created a another “named player” called AI and then add myself and the AI to the game session and give each the appropriate score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.