Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who decided to use hexagons for the physical knowledge tokens when all of the knowledge icons in the game are octagonal?

I am occasionally bothered by such inconsistency, but I am loving the game way beyond caring much about something so insignificant. Nevertheless, it is a bit strange to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Who decided to use hexagons for the physical knowledge tokens when all of the knowledge icons in the game are octagonal?

I am occasionally bothered by such inconsistency, but I am loving the game way beyond caring much about something so insignificant. Nevertheless, it is a bit strange to me.

Had not noticed. Now it will annoy me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed it on my first game, and asked myself the same question. And as mentioned by the previous poster, this bothers me a bit, as I cannot un-think the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the octagon-shaped prism and the hexagon-shaped one are the 3D projections of the same 4D solid.
(In the same way a hexagonal prism can have both a hexagon 2D projection and a octagonal one.)

No need to be bothered anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So it is just a matter of perspective, eh, Erik?

Erik to the rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Both the octagon-shaped prism and the hexagon-shaped one are the 3D projections of the same 4D solid.

I was going to mention this in the original post, but I did not have time. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.