Hide
5 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Following Scenarios, New Starting Player, Player Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Lau
msg tools
Hi, just to make sure, on following scenarios, is the starting player (1st player) to the left of the winner of the last scenario? Is the 2nd player to the left of that player and so on? Basically the winner is the last to go.

I think the first scenario has players put their guild tokens in a bag or something and then draw and place them on a subsequent starting area. Is this method still used in following games?

Ultimately, I want to know if player order is already determined or is it randomized when playing another game.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure that it is randomized each scenario. All winning the previous scenario does is allow that player to pick the next one that is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lau
msg tools
Thanks but I'm still a bit confused due to what the rulebook says and what I've read up here and there.

Pg. 12 Heroes Starting Area section vs. pg. 14 second paragraph says "The first player to take his turn at the start of a scenario is the one sitting to the left of the player who won the last scenario. At the very first scenario of a campaign, however, the first player is chosen randomly."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Ender02 wrote:
pretty sure that it is randomized each scenario. All winning the previous scenario does is allow that player to pick the next one that is played.

No. That's wrong.
Tony is correct.

Basically it's this:

The person who won the previous scenario goes last. So the person after him goes first, then everyone based on the sitting order.

The idea here is that being first gives you advantage (though a minor one*) so if a person one a scenario, he has to go last to slightly balance things out.

* unless playing with pets. At which point, the ability to rush forward and grab a powerful wild one can be huge. I've had scenarios where we caught them on turn 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lau
msg tools
Thanks as well. The rulebook was a little weird in this regard.

So the procedure for starting areas is:
If it's your first game, randomize it. If you play following scenarios from that game, then it's winner goes last and first player is to the left of him or her.

Going to play my third game with two friend when we're free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.