Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automas and Guidepost ---- definite spoliers if you haven't finished Card 400 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so here's a dilemma i haven't been able to find the answer to...

An automa (they were tied and we randomly chose one) won the card 400 guidepost. How do they make a decision on the choice to take? And if it's nether, won't that impact game 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the Automa rules that humans can choose for them. Or you can flip an Automa card; they all have a Happy or Angry King icon in addition to what you use during the actual game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the last page of the Automa rules are instructions for how the automa interact with each guidepost, and how the decisions are made if the automa should win. Each game, both at the beginning and end, you should check the notes for the games guidepost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Zero wrote:
It says in the Automa rules that humans can choose for them. Or you can flip an Automa card; they all have a Happy or Angry King icon in addition to what you use during the actual game.

Thanks, Kevin. We discussed this a lot, actually. Ultimately we chose to give players both options. It’s your game. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I must not be playing right... How can the automatic win guidepost 400 when it can't get ressources and money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadpoetic6 wrote:
I must not be playing right... How can the automatic win guidepost 400 when it can't get ressources and money?

Check the last page of the automa rulebook - it lists all the guideposts, and how the automa interact with them. In the case of guidepost 400, the automa is considered to have 3 for the purposes of the goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to continue this card 400 discussion. Page four says about Guidepost 400 -
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Card 124/128 (story 6): Action - Automas gain nothing.

Does this mean that I pull card 124 and 128 from the index and read them? What does story 6 mean? And, what does Action - Automas gain nothing mean?

Finally - I just want to make sure that we are not supposed to scratch off the hidden text until the game is over, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What this means is that when you pull card 124 or 126 (both are story 6, but different versions of it depending on your choices), when evaluating the action on it for the automa, the automa gains nothing.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The action on the story card grants vp - the automa gain no vp from this story card.

Finally, correct, you don't scratch off the hidden text till the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, but are cards 124 and/or 126 pulled as a result of the guidepost 400 resolution? They must be, otherwise they wouldn't be mentioned here. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - they are pulled as part of the resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.