Popular Tags: [View All]
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my daughter was very distraught at not having had the chance to meet with Santa this year. As in... very fixated. So we left out some egg nog and homemade toffee for him, along with a note. Her note was just one saying she really wanted to meet him. There will be a note provided as a reply. It reads as follows:

Quote:

To: child's name redacted for internet reasons (Riverton, Utah, USA)

From: Chester Bubblechuckle, Managing Elf, Rocky Mtn US region

Dear redacted,
Our records indicate that you were not able to meet with the CEO, Santa Claus (aka Saint Nicholas). We apologize for this oversight on our part. We do our best to meet with each child on earth, either directly or through a representative. We want you to know your wish list is very important to us.

Because we were not able to meet with you, we cannot guarantee that the items you wish for will have been provided. We do have, however, simulation software designed to predict what wishes you may have. We have done our best to meet your wishes. Should we have failed in this, please make sure to contact us next holiday season where we will be able to do our best to make up for any oversights, aided by direct contact. Simply let the representative know that you are a priority contact and your wish list will be forwarded directly to Santa himself.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ho ho ho,

Cc: Santa Claus

Okay, fine. Santa will handwrite a note on the corner of this thanking her for the treats. I mean, just because I am teaching her the soulless nature of the corporate environment doesn't mean I have to destroy the magic of Christmas for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:
We do have, however, simulation software designed to predict what wishes you may have.

To drive the point home, hopefully she's getting 20 pairs of socks and a potato peeler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
We do have, however, simulation software designed to predict what wishes you may have.

To drive the point home, hopefully she's getting 20 pairs of socks and a potato peeler.

More's the pity, many adults I know would LOVE getting 20 pairs of socks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't kids mail letters to the North Pole anymore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:

More's the pity, many adults I know would LOVE getting 20 pairs of socks.

Doesn’t feel like Christmas without ‘em laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

My daughter asked for socks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

In our family, it's the other way around. For my birthday, my wife asked my daughter what she wanted to get me for a present.

My daughter wanted to get me underwear. Yup. My daughter is already painfully practical where I am concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

My daughter got socks and was happy with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
We were going to set out milk and latkes for Santa last night but he neglected to give us a potsto peeler last year. His loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Geosphere wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

I mean boring socks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is how Bureaucrats are made.

Thank you Junior McSpiffy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just thinking yesterday that I want a new potato peeler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a potato peeler for my mom--a sweet purple one because that's her favorite color--and couldn't find it when I started wrapping presents.

Coincidence? Uh...obviously. But I can still blame Rusty, can't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.