Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Battle for Rokugan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I fortify my province even when there's no battle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LittleBlueCubes
msg tools
Avatar
mb
I already control a province. No one is attacking the province now. But I'm expecting that this crucial province may be attacked in future. In anticipation of this, can I put an army token in defence and upon resolution, can I place a face up control token?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LittleBlueCubes
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Thanks for the quick response! It's a shame that the rule book doesn't contain an FAQ, especially when it's an excellent rulebook otherwise....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LittleBlueCubes wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! It's a shame that the rule book doesn't contain an FAQ, especially when it's an excellent rulebook otherwise....


I guess they might not know what the FAQs are until after release!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LittleBlueCubes
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Jambo wrote:
LittleBlueCubes wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! It's a shame that the rule book doesn't contain an FAQ, especially when it's an excellent rulebook otherwise....


I guess they might not know what the FAQs are until after release!


LOL. I'm sure you were joking. Many rulebooks come with FAQs just by pre-empting possible questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebus
Germany
flag msg tools
LittleBlueCubes wrote:
Jambo wrote:
LittleBlueCubes wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! It's a shame that the rule book doesn't contain an FAQ, especially when it's an excellent rulebook otherwise....


I guess they might not know what the FAQs are until after release!


LOL. I'm sure you were joking. Many rulebooks come with FAQs just by pre-empting possible questions.

There is not always the need for a FAQ though.
Rulebook p. 10 wrote:

Successful Defense

Each time a province is successfully defended, the defender places one of their faceup control tokens in that province, which provides that province with a defense bonus during their future battles.

If an attack against a province fails for any reason, that province is also treated as being successfully defended. Finally, if a player places an army, navy, or shinobi token to defend a province and that province is not attacked, the province is treated as being successfully defended.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.