Subject: Bombardment Resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rocky mount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been playing D-Day - The Great Crusade off and on for several years now. Granted, I have soloed entirely. I have learned that understanding the use of artillery is the key to success for either side. Therein lies my problem. The rules do not give me a firm grasp on whether or not TECs modify columns on the Artillery Table. Combat resolution very clearly says to adjust the combat table either left or right for TEC effects (plus other variables not in question). Bombardment Resolution (13.4) describes under "Procedure" item (c) "Apply any column shifts;" Whether these column shifts apply to TEC or Disruptions is not clear. Is it one or the other or both?

In my experience, this one impact (and I've played it both ways) has a huge impact on the outcome.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Thomas
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
Can he lead a normal life? No. He'll be an engineer.
badge
It is well that wargames are so terrible, lest we should grow too fond of them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Below the bombardment table there are terrain column shifts that are different from the TEC, so I don't think the TEC applies to bombardments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rocky mount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Fred. I believe you are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.