Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any details on the Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG) Deluxified version that’s Kickstarting soon? What’s being upgraded from the start and what requires stretch goals? Any changes or additions to gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Most importantly, how much money do I need to set aside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
BIG DITTO ON THAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious as to the answers for both questions too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Are there any details on the Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG) Deluxified version that’s Kickstarting soon? What’s being upgraded from the start and what requires stretch goals? Any changes or additions to gameplay?

All will become clear in a few weeks when the kickstarter project is announced!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I couldn't wait. :)
I bought a used but mint copy of the existing version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a regular version. Would be available upgrade packs as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am interested to know if they are going to make any changes to the game Art. I quite like Harald Liske's drawings for the characters and iconography.
However I strongly dislike the drab board art' I'm not sure how functionally critical it is, but it would be nice if there were some changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in this as well. I think the Kickstarter is supposed to launch sometime today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain Sandwich wrote:
I am interested in this as well. I think the Kickstarter is supposed to launch sometime today.

Not launching until the 23rd, unfortunately cry
https://twitter.com/TastyMinstrel/status/951550225071726593

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain Sandwich wrote:

The launch date for this kickstarter has been shifted due to several high profile KS projects launching next Tuesday.

Look for Gentes Deluxified to hit Kickstarter January 23rd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What high profile kickstarters? (If you don't mind saying)

Thanks,
Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Will keep an eye out for the Kickstarter on the 23rd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
N9IWP wrote:

Thanks,
Brian

I think there's a new Tiny Epic game launching, and a CMON game too if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
N9IWP wrote:

Thanks,
Brian

I think there's a new Tiny Epic game launching, and a CMON game too if I remember correctly.

A new Tiny Epic games is launching on 1-18-18 and HATE from CMON is launching on 1-16-18.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally blind speculation but here are the likely upgrades based on past deluxifications...

- Metal coins
- Inset playmats, possibly
- Thicker tiles (Probably wood with stickers if the KS is very successful though bakelite tiles for the 28 action tiles would be INCREDIBLE)
- Improvements to wood components (maybe some meeples for player boards)
- Maybe screen printing for the city buildings.
- Box sleeve
- Gold foil on the cover
- A drawstring bag for... something

Like the character art but I agree if they could redo or find a way to bring a bit more life/color to the board while staying consistent with the bronze age look it would go a long way. For example I'm not crazy about the score track. I just don't really like the font (but like it on the box cover) or color choice.

I'm sure it's too late in the process to change anything major but here are some Bronze Age paintings that could be an interesting direction to go color palette/texture wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunning art, Jimmy. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally hope that one of the stretch goals is for the metal coins to be improved from previous Deluxe editions they have released. I haven't even used their past metal coins due to the fact that they are so chintzy and small. They almost feel like playing with dimes and pennies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
+1 for bakelite components!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received email from TMG, apparently the kickstarter launch in January 23th, Looking forward to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After being disappointed by Civ: New Dawn as a civ builder, I am very interested in a deluxified version of Gentes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDestroyer wrote:
After being disappointed by Civ: New Dawn as a civ builder, I am very interested in a deluxified version of Gentes.

I'm excited for this too, but having only watched playthrough videos, I'm not sure I would call this game a civ builder... maybe it depends on what your definition is

If you haven't, you might look at Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization which (to me) is a proper Civ game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
cafin8d wrote:
OmegaDestroyer wrote:

I'm excited for this too, but having only watched playthrough videos, I'm not sure I would call this game a civ builder... maybe it depends on what your definition is :)

If you haven't, you might look at Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization which (to me) is a proper Civ game.

As an owner of the game, I can confirm that it is not a civ builder at all but rather a standard euro that has some civilization-type themes (like eras and such). But it in no way is in the same class as a game like Civilization or Through the Ages.

But as a euro, it's one of my favorites with really interesting and clever mechanisms and gameplay. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I've only played Gentes once, but it seems to me that it is a civilization builder. However, mechanically, and in scope, I would not conflate Gentes and a Sid Meier's-esque civilization building game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I'd really like them to make a 2-player specific board on the backside of the 3/4 player board ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.