Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our second game and some questions popped up.

If you start your turn with another player on your tile do you have to fight them? Consequently if you land on tile as another player do you have to fight them?

We found the "holy Grail" magical object. Being we were all evil none of us to wild it. Do we just drop item on the tile it was uncovered? Or do we have to discard it?

Had a couple questions about spells:
What is the turn order in which they are resolved? We understand evade type spells BEFORE combat, but;
Can you cast a spell at anytime, even during someone else's turn?
Does the target of the spell resolve the results of the spell regardless of location. For example I cast fireball (making this up), does the target need to be in front of me (same tile) or I can target any one in any tile?

When you have enough trophies when EXACTLY are you given the chance upgrade your character?

If I land on tile, and it already has an enemy drawn and waiting, if you defeat it, do you then still draw a new card?

If you have an item like "Solomon's crown" which gives you 2 craft, do you lose the bonus if you loose the object, in this case the crown.

When you buy an axe and find yourself in a forest, do I spend an action building the raft?

If one player defeats the the sentinel do all.other players simply pass through. Or they must engage it separately?

Does spell casting order matter?

When you have the mule,what benefit other than double object carrying does the mule give you?

I'm sure more questions will pop up later but these are pressing.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
If you start your turn with another player on your tile do you have to fight them? Consequently if you land on tile as another player do you have to fight them?

Follow the Flowchart on the back page of instructions.

Seriously.

For any/all rules questions look to the Flowchart first. It is VERY thorough for what it does.
ALL HAIL FLOWCHART!

To answer the question directly: With VERY few exceptions, you can NEVER encounter anything on the space you started your turn in.
If you land on a space with another player you can encounter the player or the space, but not both.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
We found the "holy Grail" magical object. Being we were all evil none of us to wild it. Do we just drop item on the tile it was uncovered? Or do we have to discard it?

Holy Grail is revealed on a space, if you can't pick it up then it stays on the space.

("discarding" it would also just wind up leaving it on the space)
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Had a couple questions about spells:
What is the turn order in which they are resolved? We understand evade type spells BEFORE combat, but;
Can you cast a spell at anytime, even during someone else's turn?
Does the target of the spell resolve the results of the spell regardless of location. For example I cast fireball (making this up), does the target need to be in front of me (same tile) or I can target any one in any tile?

Spells can be cast when they say they can be cast (e.g. "before you roll to move"). If there is nothing specific about when you can cast it, you can cast it at any time, even (especially) during another players's turn.

You can target any player on any space. But there are restrictions about casting certain spells in the Inner Region.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Does spell casting order matter?

Nothing concrete, but generally the person who's turn it is has 'priority'. Then it's customary to go clockwise.
If one person is casting a Spell, you MUST resolve that spell before another can be cast, EXCEPT if the 2nd spell says it can be a response (e.g. Counterspell).
BIgLatinDude wrote:
When you have enough trophies when EXACTLY are you given the chance upgrade your character?

End of your turn.
It is not mandatory, so you can wait if you desire.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
If I land on tile, and it already has an enemy drawn and waiting, if you defeat it, do you then still draw a new card?

FLOWCHART
BIgLatinDude wrote:
If you have an item like "Solomon's crown" which gives you 2 craft, do you lose the bonus if you loose the object, in this case the crown.

Items that give stats do NOT give 'counters'. You lose the Crown, you lose the bonus.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
When you buy an axe and find yourself in a forest, do I spend an action building the raft?

Instead of your normal turn you can choose to build a Raft as your entire turn. Turn after you can cross the river.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
If one player defeats the the sentinel do all.other players simply pass through. Or they must engage it separately?

Sentinel is never 'permanently' defeated.
Everytime that any player wants to cross they must fight.
Even if you have beaten the Sentinel before you must still fight him again.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
When you have the mule,what benefit other than double object carrying does the mule give you?

You have an extra Follower in case effects care about Followers, or number of Followers> Chasm in the Middle region, Varmpire space in Inner Region, Sorceress stealing it, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Instead of your normal turn you can choose to build a Raft as your entire turn. Turn after you can cross the river.

I think it’s important to note here that you cannot carry the raft with you. If you choose to make the raft and then decide not to use it, it is discarded. Once it is used it is also discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
Discarding places the card in the discard pile. Ditching places it on the board.

grarrrg wrote:

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Items that give stats do NOT give 'counters'. You lose the Crown, you lose the bonus.
Yes this is very important.
Gaining Strength/Craft is very different from adding to Strength/Craft.
Gain means you take a counter and place it on your character sheet.
Add means you must remember than the cards improves your Strength/Craft, but only for as long as you have the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help. I should have mentioned we did consult chart before writing. We couldn't answer all our questions.
The one about defeating a monster in a space when you land there, do you draw/resolve right after you defeat the creature that was there before?

Also, can you decide to do nothing when you land on spots like the village, chapel or city?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Thanks for your help. I should have mentioned we did consult chart before writing. We couldn't answer all our questions.
The one about defeating a monster in a space when you land there, do you draw/resolve right after you defeat the creature that was there before?

First you read the space to see how many cards to draw. Then you draw that many cards minus the number of cards already there (possibly zero).
Then you encounter everything by the encounter numbers.
It's quite possible that you will enter a space like Ruins or Hidden Valley with an enemy card on it, only to draw another enemy and having to fight them both at once.

BIgLatinDude wrote:
Also, can you decide to do nothing when you land on spots like the village, chapel or city?
Thank you.

No, you must do something if possible.
You're welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Szatany wrote:
grarrrg wrote:
Discarding places the card in the discard pile. Ditching places it on the board.

Clarification then:
Given the Holy Grail example, if you can't pick it up it stays there.
Ditching is dropping an object you already have to the space, which can't be done with the Grail because you can't pick it up to begin with.
Discarding to the discard pile only happens if something says it goes there.
BIgLatinDude wrote:
grarrrg wrote:
FLOWCHART
I should have mentioned we did consult chart before writing.

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Top of Flowchart:
"MOVE
V
Are there any face up Cards or Gold Coins in the Space you land in?"

First thing you do on your turn is Move (exception: casting "before you move" spells), no opportunity to 'encounter' same space.
BIgLatinDude wrote:

"ENCOUNTER THIS SPACE> Is it a Draw Card(s) Space?
V YES V
Draw cards as specified. If there are already any face up Cards there, draw only enough Adventure Cards to make up the specified number.
V
CARD ENCOUNTER
V
[stuff]"
Draw is first, then Encountering what is already there. There is nothing after CARD ENCOUNTER that would draw any more cards (exception: if you get moved to a new space you go through the process again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Given the Holy Grail example, if you can't pick it up it stays there.
Yes

Ditching is dropping an object you already have to the space, which can't be done with the Grail because you can't pick it up to begin with.
Yes

Discarding to the discard pile only happens if something says it goes there.
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.