Hide
3 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Secret Objectives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leia Durrant
msg tools
Can you qualify for a Secret Objective if you do not control every planet in your home system?

I have found this:
Quote:
52.16 A player cannot score public objectives if he does not control
each of the planets in his home system.

Yet I see nothing under Secret Objectives saying the same thing. With that in mind we have been playing it as Publics are a NO and Secrets are YES. It was not until we ran into wording on The Clan of Saar's Nomadic ability that we began to question if we made the right call.

Quote:
NOMADIC
You can score objectives even if you do not control the planets in your home system.

With it not specifying Public Objectives the doubts have returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've been playing it right; I guess Saar's ability should say Public Objectives to make it 100% clear. Perhaps in an expansion there will be anew kind of objective and they've left themsleves options?
My last game of TI4 (and indeed my first!) I was running around the board with a carrier and 2 GFs because I had NOTHING else, desperately drawing Secret Objectives to try and score VPs! (Suprisingly, it was not successful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Walsh
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hoc Spatium Mercede
badge
This is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can score secret objectives even if you do not control your home system. There are also secret objectives that you can score during the action phase, which is a significant change from TI3. We missed that (among other things) in our first game. It didn't turn out to be significant, but the ability to score a secret objective during the action phase is potentially a surprise game winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.