Subject: [CSI] Aeon's End: War Eternal Expansion $24.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Betty L
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of CSI's daily deal. Seems like a pretty good price!

BGG https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/218417/aeons-end-war-ete...
CSI https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/242888
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Much cheaper than the Kickstarter. This is an excellent game and well worth the price. For anyone worried about KS exclusives, there were 9 nemesis cards, which are a drop in the bucket of all the content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric GONZALEZ
United States
Hartville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually the kickstarter came with 2 expansions, one of which i don't believe is out yet. But still a good deal and a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George B
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Anyone have any insight into only owning WE, and not the base Aeon's End? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
United States
Newark
DE
flag msg tools
Broth runs deep through our veins.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VeiledAiel wrote:
Anyone have any insight into only owning WE, and not the base Aeon's End? Thanks!

AE base and WE have about the same amount of content, and both feel like full games by themselves. I own both, but I don't think I'd feel like I was lacking content if I only owned one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
egonz540e wrote:
Actually the kickstarter came with 2 expansions, one of which i don't believe is out yet. But still a good deal and a great game.

Oh yeah. I came with one and one as an add on. Either way, both are / will be available retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
msg tools
VeiledAiel wrote:

I bought it a few days ago and played it twice. There's only 4 "bosses" to fight, but an insane number of ways to randomize HOW you beat these 4 bosses (along with hard-modes for each of them). I was immediately hooked after my first play, and I look forward to getting more plays in, but I can see myself wanting to buy the mini-expansions down the road for a few more characters and bosses (more importantly) once I beat each of the 4 bosses multiple times.

All in all, I made a great decision in buying WE, and already am tracking the base (2nd edition) game and expansions waiting for a good price to jump in.

TLDR, a great game. Wish I had gotten it sooner, and this is an amazing price for it (assuming you can avoid the shipping fee).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks, OP! I was bummed when I missed a similar price on Amazon last week.

Also, for others, don’t forget the 5% discount code: secretsanta2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it last week from Amazon.

Three cards were missing from one of the "easy start" decks, so make sure you inventory your cards against the spreadsheet they put online.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e4nmOptkcfhIaK7TrB3r...

I also got the "first game starter sheet" from Aeon's End, not War Eternal, which added to the confusion of trying to get up and running. Apparently a lot of people had this happen.

Going by the spreadsheet, Deck C should have 30 Nemesis cards in it, but the rules setup calls for 31 (8+7+7 basics plus 9 unique) so I am not sure what is going on with that. I posted about it in the War Eternal forums but nobody answered. Am I the only one who noticed the starter game doesn't follow the rules? Maybe it's deliberate, without that starter sheet (which does not seem to be available anywhere in PDF form, unfortunately) I can't tell.

Anyway, I am trying to play it anyway using some of the Basic cards that were not in the starter decks. Seems brutally hard so far, but the art and mechanics are very cool. I might have to modify the difficulty until I get the hang of it. Gravehold lost 2/3 of its hit points before I was even done with Tier 1. I am wondering if this is easier with two characters instead of 4, like a lot of card games seem to be, due to getting much stronger decks quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.