Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play this game but am looking forward to it however, my wife & her family are not keen on doing party game stuff as the madness cards would have us do.

How much would it take away from the game or even be possible to do so?

At one point yesterday I was thinking of having a few manageable level 1 madness cards in play like not being able to use your thumbs or facing your hand towards the other players and keep recycling those.

This would be just a one time thing just to get them to learn how to play the game.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say if they are not keen on doing "silly stuff" this game might not be for them. But you might be able to pick and choose cards that are used in the game, removing the "sillier" ones and keeping the ones that are more about "communication challenge". I wouldn't mess with the game any more than this. The system itself does introduce the madness card gradually - if you play 3 player there are no madness cards at the start, with more players there are just a few. You get more when you fail missions or gain specimens, and normally you only have to get the next level of madness cards once everyone is already at the current level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CBpegasus wrote:
I'd say if they are not keen on doing "silly stuff" this game might not be for them. But you might be able to pick and choose cards that are used in the game, removing the "sillier" ones and keeping the ones that are more about "communication challenge". I wouldn't mess with the game any more than this. The system itself does introduce the madness card gradually - if you play 3 player there are no madness cards at the start, with more players there are just a few. You get more when you fail missions or gain specimens, and normally you only have to get the next level of madness cards once everyone is already at the current level.

Agreed, my gamer friends would insist we play it to the letter (no ez mode).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.