Subject: Available to play on boardgamearena.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation is available on boardgamearena.com if you are looking for an online game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprisesurprisesurprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Merry Xmas indeed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph DiMuro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thought this day would come.

What a wonderful Christmas present!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Innovation is available on boardgamearena.com if you are looking for an online game.

Is the implementation better than the one at innovation.isotropic.org?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
*Nyan*
mbmbmbmbmb
Isotropic has the expansions and faster because of minimalism
BGA is better if you like bling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

Is the implementation better than the one at innovation.isotropic.org?

Isotropic is pretty dead, seems to be only 1 or 2 games, so there are more opponents on BGA at the moment anyway, while it's new.

Isotropic is definitely more minimalist which I do prefer, but the BGA implementation does everything it needs to do, it's a good implementation.

I never play the expansions so their availability is of no interest to me, your mileage may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukeu666 wrote:
Isotropic has the expansions and faster because of minimalism
BGA is better if you like bling

So, it sounds like a thumbsupthumbsup to thumbsdown score in favour of isotropic.

TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Isotropic is pretty dead, seems to be only 1 or 2 games, so there are more opponents on BGA at the moment anyway, while it's new.

Hmm, do you mean 1 or 2 games going on at a given moment, or 1 or 2 games available via that site overall? (If the latter, then Innovation + what else?)

TwoShedsJackson wrote:
I never play the expansions so their availability is of no interest to me, your mileage may vary.

Yeah, I love the expansions. Base Innovation is great, but the expansions add that much more for me.

Thank you both for the quick responses. One further question: does BGA's implementation feature the Third Edition card revisions? isotropic currently doesn't have that, unfortunately...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 1 or 2 games of Innovation in progress at a time on isotropic or so it's been any time I've checked in the last few months.

On BGA you can play with 'current rules' and the cards are 3rd edition. There is also an 'original' rules which I assume is 1st edition, haven't tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sputnik Ma
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Yes, 1 or 2 games of Innovation in progress at a time on isotropic or so it's been any time I've checked in the last few months.

On BGA you can play with 'current rules' and the cards are 3rd edition. There is also an 'original' rules which I assume is 1st edition, haven't tried it.

I tried on BGA and found some card are different from the version in my memory and my own game.
Like fermenting, you can draft x card,x = the number of color has leaves.

Can you give the difference between the old rule and the new rule?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They re-worded some cards for 3rd edition, like Fermenting and Industrialisation which were felt to be over powered - those were both changed from 'draw one card per 2 leaves' or 'tuck one card per 2 factories' to 'draw/tuck one per colour with that icon' to reduce their power level.

There's a file here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139797/innovation-third-e... that lists the differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.