Popular Tags: [View All]
Eloy Munoz Galvez
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi. I've purchased Biosphere and have enjoyed it a lot, but only for two games as for now.

After our second game, a friend of mine asked whether it would be better to have more rewards along the tie breaker band, say one more reward in the middle of the second, third and fourth segments. It would really encourage players to use their EP to advance in the track, I think. What do you think?

Regarding the board, I think maybe the eight tiles per player rule doesn't work well for higher player counts, as it leaves a lot of free space in five and six player games. I have not played yet with more than four players, so I have no evidence to back my words. Can anyone who has played five or six player games tell me if this is true?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias R.
msg tools
After apprx. seven games my experience is that a game lasts about six rounds. At this state, the players have more or less just crossed the first bonus after the first segment. Thus there was no time to heap EP and have a more attractive sink, where to spend them.

One of the reasons for the relative fast games was, in my opinion, that there is lots of free space. Only now and then players compete for a particular landscape, causing delay in time (gaming rounds).
In addition in all the games players were playing constructive trying to reach their own goals, instead of destructive trying to prevent achievement of other player goals.

Played the game with four, five and six players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.