Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Li
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I am confused by how units enter from off board. For example, the soviet units have to enter the map in the first turn in the scenario 3. Do they have to place command counters off board in advance or they just move into the map one by one? I can't see any rule reference.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they should use command chits. It wouldn't make any difference in the Basic Game, but in the Advanced Game there are limitations on orders and the units that are entering should take orders, sharing them or not as the player sees fit. (Of course, they also count into the total number of units for purposes of deciding how many order chits there are.)

PS There was a "noob question" about spotting a couple of days ago; I was going to answer it (when I got back to my copy of the game) but I can't find it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Section 9.1.3 states, "Off map vehicles entering the mapboard must stage their entry to meet Road/Path stacking limits."

As stated, all units, even those off-map, must have commands. In this case, of course, Move commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.