Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct that you start over from the beginning when you loose (even in chapter 2 & 3)?
There might be a few cards saved in the center of the table, but generally the entire discard pile (consisting of all cards played from the absolute start of the game) gets placed back on top of the draw deck. The chapter cards doesn't really work as checkpoints. They just introduce new rules. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kuiper
Netherlands
Bontebok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately: yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I suspected. It was starting to get a bit repetitive to start from the beginning, so I was hoping we missed something. The first half of the game is pretty much on auto-pilot now. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you loose in the 2/3 chapter the deck is in different order when you start over, even slightly, and if you rewind 2 o 3 times the deck has more changes. Maybe the sequence that help you the first time to surpass the monster is not there anymore, or the three bad cards distributed evenly in the deck now are all together, and so on. Also you have permanent cards already in place, the same as bonus cards you did not have available the first time.
I will not say it is a completely new experience, but there are minor differences. And if you are bored.. just shuffle each chapter and have fun with some randomness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.