Subject: Storage question! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody!
My awesome Secret Santa gifted me this game! I've opened it up and was amazed to see extra bags and 2 plastic containers for the tokens.
What I don't understand is how I'm supposed to storage all the contents. I see there's a picture on the side of the box, but I don't get it! In particular the cards, I don't understand where / how I should put them! Can you help me out? I'm interested in the "standard" storage solution, not custom ones at the moment.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put each card type in its own plastic bag, and I mix all the resource tokens together in the plastic containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I put each card type in its own plastic bag, and I mix all the resource tokens together in the plastic containers.

mmm I see, but aren't the plastic bags too big for some cards? Don't they move inside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the bags really big so they could fit sleeved cards. If you fold the bag over itself, the cards won't slide around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I made the bags really big so they could fit sleeved cards. If you fold the bag over itself, the cards won't slide around.

Thank you I'll try that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
First I lay the board in the box.
Then I lay the plastic container of faction miniatures on top of the board in the box.
Then I lay the game mats (i.e. faction mats) on top of the miniatures.
Each faction's components are in a bag (closed and rolled up)
All the coins are mixed together in another bag.
2 types of resources are kept in the plastic containers.
Cards are rolled up in bags.
All the rolled bags, I tuck into spaces around the game board, miniature containers, and player boards.

It all fits nicely in the box. I have the Invaders from Afar expansion and it also fits into the base box very nicely - so there is lots of space for just the base game. Keeping the board at the bottom of box allows it to lay flat - while loose items fit nicely on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kaiser
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got the BrokenToken inlay. peace of mind, beautiful and the game is super fast in setup/clean-up. clearly heavy pricing. But I found out that the more accessible a game is, the more I play it. Before, I was thinking twice to open the box of Scythe, knowing how many bags and loose tokens wait insight. It would be great if game designers could work more on accessability (smart inlay design, etc.). I know this is adverse to margins or MSRP. But games like Scythe are not cheap anyway, so why not spend a bit more on a clever storage solution out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put all the faction wooden bits in one large bag for each faction. But that means the large cards are a slight squeeze in the mid-size bags. The small cards move around a bit. Will get sleeves shortly. Also I've kept the original insert in and have the board on top.

(Just played a two-player game by myself today to get to know it, having had this yesterday: awesome game, hope the family will get into this!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Barandum wrote:
I got the BrokenToken inlay. peace of mind, beautiful and the game is super fast in setup/clean-up. clearly heavy pricing. But I found out that the more accessible a game is, the more I play it. Before, I was thinking twice to open the box of Scythe, knowing how many bags and loose tokens wait insight. It would be great if game designers could work more on accessability (smart inlay design, etc.). I know this is adverse to margins or MSRP. But games like Scythe are not cheap anyway, so why not spend a bit more on a clever storage solution out of the box.

I thought the same thing about set up/clean up. I set the game up one time and thought "this takes forever.... I think this will stop us from playing" and then I decided it would be worth the cost to get a box organizer. I really like the Broken Token organizer. No more bags and set up is maybe 60-90 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.