Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Laserox insert - works with ALL cards sleeved with premium sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
During Essen I have purchased a Laserox insert - the reason for my choice was the note at the product description that it accommodates sleeved cards (in contrast to Broken Token insert that has a big disclaimer that only some cards may be sleeved).

Now I have found some older post on BGG in which Laserox mentions that the insert will not accommodate all cards when sleeved.

Could anybody owning the insert shed some light on the issue? I was planning to assemble the insert during the holiday break but I’m beginning to have some doubts now.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the laserox insert and I have all the cards sleeved but NOT with premium sleeves. Premium sleeves are thicker and the boxes are already tight so I quickly realized that this was not an option.

If you are planning to sleeve the cards with normal sleeves you'll be OK, otherwise there is indeed a risk that premium sleeves won't fit unless you keep some cards unsleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Oh, that's a bummer

thank you for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
(in contrast to Broken Token insert that has a big disclaimer that only some cards may be sleeved).

I don't know where you got this from but I've got all cards sleeved in broken token insert and it is nowhere near tight. I used non premium sleeves for better handling during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
florencka wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:
(in contrast to Broken Token insert that has a big disclaimer that only some cards may be sleeved).

I don't know where you got this from but I've got all cards sleeved in broken token insert and it is nowhere near tight. I used non premium sleeves for better handling during play.

This. What Broken Token means is - probably - that you can't keep sleeved cards for inactive characters since the standard tuckboxes don't allow for it.

It's easily fixed by keeping the ability cards for unlocked inactive characters in a seperate box. I swap characters a lot, don't judge me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Vinceness wrote:
florencka wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:

This. What Broken Token means is - probably - that you can't keep sleeved cards for inactive characters since the standard tuckboxes don't allow for it.

It's easily fixed by keeping the ability cards for unlocked inactive characters in a seperate box. I swap characters a lot, don't judge me.

That actually sounds fantastic!

So two questions:

1. Do all other cards except (inactive players) fit the insert with premium sleeves (90 microns)?

2. Do character boxes (gry ones) accommodate nicely all relevant cards in premium sleeves?

I know product description clearly states they fit but I was curious whether it holds true for the premium sleeves as well (form the user's perspective).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it THAT much important to use premium sleeves?

I use simple sleeves and have no problems whatsoever. They fit better even. Also, the unused character cards fit back to the Hero boxes sleeved without problem but I think that sleeving them with premiums will make the box fatter and you may have a problem fitting them back together as you unlock boxes and sleeve new character decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Bowmangr wrote:
Is it THAT much important to use premium sleeves?

I use simple sleeves and have no problems whatsoever. They fit better even. Also, the unused character cards fit back to the Hero boxes sleeved without problem but I think that sleeving them with premiums will make the box fatter and you may have a problem fitting them back together as you unlock boxes and sleeve new character decks.

Thanks! As a sidenote, I have already bought premium sleeves so for me there's no going back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use 80 micron sleeves and storing sleeved character cards (modifier + ability deck) back in the grey character tuckboxes/envelopes is a big no-no. Bulges are unavoidable, and if you swap characters often, your tuckboxes will wear out very fast.

I keep the large ability cards in a seperate insert, and it works fine that way. No other space issues I can think of, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.